3800 How has the Race day changes effected your weekend

What are you going to do now?

• Im still doing the whole weekend...Mod day and race day at US41.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Im still doing the whole weekend...Mod day, but im still going to Byron.

• Im only going to the mod day at LP's now...the track change sucks.

• Im only going to the race day at US41...

• Im just staying home now...no mod day or race day.

• Total voters

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Can I make a suggestion guys? Here is a chance to seperate ourselves from the rest of the kids. The club higher ups have made a decision and have expressed their reasons for doing so. Instead of bickering about how it's going to completely ruin our weekend, etc, etc, etc, why don't we show up to one location as one club instead of splitting things up.

I understand this is a hassle for a lot of people. It is a hassle for me also but I am going nonetheless and I'm sure I'll still have a fun time. Make the longer drive and I'm sure you will also.

I

imported_GraFFix

Not really..were not the ones splitting up. Were going to the track that was designated for this weekend.
Technically, those going to 41 are the ones splitting up the club.

And another thing the "club higher ups" did not make this decision. I would like to consider myself a club higher up and I was told that we were changing the track. This was done at the request of a sponsor and it was just changed..I was never asked nor was it discussed between us. And I believe this to be true for about 95% of the "club higher ups"

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Understood. In that case can't we all agree to show up to one place as one club? This is ridiculous. I hope you can at least agree to that.

I agree that the sponsor should have no say in locatation unless they helped plan the event from the get-go. I understand the people frustrated that it's been moved and I understand the people that want it moved. Now lets figure on one place to have it and all go to that place, please? :)

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
The way I look at it... I was originally going to spectate at byron but not race... i can't stand the place... now I'm going to race and potentially watch a 9 second pass by the Intense car... so it's win win for me at least...

But those voting that now you're not going to race at all... why not? Byron is still the same distance from the mod day... so party w/everyone at the mod day then go to Byron to race.. Looks like ther are still a large number that plan on racing at Byron anyways... and no one's saying "if you don't go to US41 you can't race" ... so why let this change totally destroy any plans of racing sunday?

I

imported_GraFFix

Im not racing due to other things..not because of this track change crap.

I was originally going to still race at byron...but again due to other factors and money issues i will at most be spectating at byron on sunday.

But i agree with you...no one is saying you HAVE to go to 41 its personal choice..it just sucks that there are like 12 prizes to be given away. and those who dont want to rearrange their weekends to go to 41 will now lose out on those prizes.

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
I'm going to LP's mod-day and having fun with all my friends. As far as racing I'll be joining the 13 second club while running at Byron.

I personally think its a waste of gas to drive all the way to LP's mod-day and then drive all the way back to US41(which is like 1 1/2hrs away from my house) when all I have to do is wake up Sunday morning and only drive about 30 mins to get to Byron. If I decided to go to US41 I'll be staying home Saturday and just meeting the peeps on the road. However I want to go to Byron so I'll be chilling at Byron with the reat of the peeps that decide to go there and race.

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
I knew nothing of the track change and I would say i'm a higher up also.

I agree with Mike K that people need to suck it up for this time and join the race day its going to be an awesome event. Hell I am dyeing togo but can't I tried everything togo but the wife over ruled me.

I have my one year wedding anniversary at that time. And will be in Lake Geneva now instead.

I don't think you get it... the turbo car isn't going to byron it is going to 41, that is what started all of this.

Mainly I would guess because of clubgp's crap, but either way it doesn't matter.

I don't know if Ill be going even to the mod day yet... all depends if they will give me the day off. I'm still waiting on a supervisor at work to approve it. When it comes to Sunday though I don't think Ill be going to either track now because of the way things are split up. I was orginally going to go because the whole club was going to be there. Now it isn't worth it to lose my Sunday overtime pay to go to some track an hour and a half away, or another track where only a few members will be at.

I am definetly pushing for Saturday though, but it is not in my hands :(

Thread Info