3800 GI : 97 SE ?

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Well, I'm pissed I didn't get my race engine done yet (thanks Mr. Engine Shop! heeh) and I was thinking that I want to buy a f'ing convertible, so I'm looking to see what interes there is .... Its not a huge rush to sell as I don't plan on buying another car for a year or so, but I want to start saving sooner than later...

As it stands now : $8300 obo
Stock w/ stock trans : $3350 obo

Currently ...

1997 SE w/ 3.8 L36 NA at 116,000 miles

Engine
* Paxton Novi 1000 CSC kit w/ water to air intercooler (this is technically a Stage 5 kit) comes with 3.8", 3.4", and 3.2" pullies.
* TOG Headers
* 75 shot nitrous kit.
* Custom Downpipe 3"
* Manual cutout after cat, will include an electric cutout that can be mounted.
* < 4000 mile alternator
* < 300 mile Optima Red Top Battery
* Autometer Electric Fuel Pressure Guage
* Autometer Electric Oil Pressure Gauge
* ICCU Fuel / Timing System.
* Custom PCM's (a couple just in case ;) )

Trans
* <500 mile Race trans w/ 3.69 gears and 3800 stall converter. This is a 4t60 with the HD upgrade to the diff, etc. Also has a shift kit w/ adjustable line pressure.

Suspension
* <200 mile KYB GR 2 struts & springtech lowering springs.
* < 4000 miles Sport A2 tires on stock 5 star rims.
* Stock 97 SE rims (alloy, not hubcaps) with winter tires.
* Nitto Drag radials on 5 star rims

Interior
* 2 pod pillar w/ gauges listed above
* Custom molded center console for ICCU

Good Stuff
* Trans is very fresh and works well.
* Will include a 2002 stock short block (possibly long block) with less than 1000 miles.
* Current engine runs fine with the setup.
* Car in its current setup ran a 13.145 @ 104.11 on 93 octane street gas (a little bit of torco) With a better launch and fresh plugs, this is most likely a high 12 second car as it stands.
* Interior is quite clean for its age, no cigarette burns, etc.
* Mileage is 90% highway miles. Original owner of car commuted from Aurora to downtown everyday and that was his work car.
* Car does not burn oil or lose coolant.

Bad Stuff
* Very VERY VERY small oil leak associated with the oil line for the sensor and Novi. Easy to fix, just need to get under the car and do it.
* One noticeable ding on read passenger quarter. Its not that bad, but its there.
* Minor scuffs in paint on trunk (no spoiler on trunk, btw).
* Looks like clear coat ?? is slightly peeled in a spot on the passenger front door ??

If you add up the cost of hte mods alone, you're looking at probably 10K worth of mods :ph34r: Blue book for a 97 SE w/ 117K miles is 3300 - 3600 in Good shape.

if you have any questions you can email me at [email protected] or PM me here. Anyone local, or willing to come out here, is more than welcome to test drive it.

Thanks!

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Originally posted by Fish@May 10 2004, 09:08 AM
Wanna part with the CSC kit???

:p

Bump for ya.
I think everyone knows the drill by now.

Its FAR EASIER to sell the car whole; however, if there's no interest (more than likely), then yeah I'll pull it apart; HOWEVER, I'm really not in a huge hurry to do so and I might just sit on it all racing season, who knows !

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@May 11 2004, 11:42 PM
I thought you were doing you GP for some good advertisement for DHP???
Well yes, the car would be cool advertisement for DHP; however, I'd rather use the money from the car for investment in some new projects I have. I still have the GTP to represent in v6 land, but we represent v8's as well. *hint*

Also, I think this one is sold guys, I'll know in a few days for sure ! :D :(

Charles

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by beyerch+May 17 2004, 03:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (beyerch @ May 17 2004, 03:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RoyalGTP@May 11 2004, 11:42 PM
I thought you were doing you GP for some good advertisement for DHP???
Well yes, the car would be cool advertisement for DHP; however, I'd rather use the money from the car for investment in some new projects I have. I still have the GTP to represent in v6 land, but we represent v8's as well. *hint*

Also, I think this one is sold guys, I'll know in a few days for sure ! :D :(

Charles [/b][/quote]
sold?

good luck!!

call me when you get a chance about the car7083519728

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info