3800 Rollbar/cage info please

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Yea, I did and it looks like I may have too. I can get the tube for nothing. I am going to need to find a madrell bender. I think im only looking at 4 bends.

I know there are co's that will sell you a prerolled cage but probably not for our cars.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Thanks, I did. Im to save some $$$$ (yea 4 numbers) going to do it myself. I dont know how much Scott can get it done for but my brother in law paid big bucks to get it done to his Caprice. Unless they took him for a ride.

I can see them (misc. fabricater) telling you its a big safety issue and charging you up the ass for one. Ive been welding and fabbing for long enough.....Its no biggy to me. I just need a find a mandrell bender. I wonder if a muffler shop has one.

You gotta pull the interrior so you may save some by doing that yourself.

I wonder what Picter is doing on this.

I

imported_snoop

rob, i dont know if you care what i say, or if you even listen to me but i know a guy that does rollbars. he could probably make one for you but i am not sure. i could find out for you if you want me too. and if you say you have been welding for a long time, just get some measurements and some mandrel bent pipes and go for it. why ask someone to do it. again, i dont know if you care about what i am writing, but let me know. it will be 4 digits though with any point that you want.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by snoop@May 14 2004, 05:37 PM
rob, i dont know if you care what i say, or if you even listen to me but i know a guy that does rollbars. he could probably make one for you but i am not sure. i could find out for you if you want me too. and if you say you have been welding for a long time, just get some measurements and some mandrel bent pipes and go for it. why ask someone to do it. again, i dont know if you care about what i am writing, but let me know. it will be 4 digits though with any point that you want.
Im sorry if I left the impression that I dont care or not listening. I threw this up for people to see that there is more than one way to skin a cat is all. Some of us may just have it done. Others may want to be involved with it in order to save some $$$.

After taking another look at it I decided to utilize some of my skills and do as much as I could. If I hada mandrel bender I wouldnt of even posted.. I want to be involved as much as possible in the build up of my car.....You know what I mean....

I also know you can get prebent kits and have them welded in locally. This is the way to go because its easier to install and you wont have to pay truck freight fo an assembled one. Unfortunatly not for our cars.....

Either way im still looking into it but not ready this instant......I will keep ypu in mind sense you know someone with a mandrel bender.

Im kind of blown away about the care about writing thing......im trying to figure it out but if said something wrong im sorry. I never ment any disrespect...... :unsure:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info