3800 DHP and tranny life

gt2000

Feb 14, 2008
Well I see a DHP in my near future. But I want to know what are its effects on my tranny. I am coming up on 21,000 miles on my 2000 GP GT and I imagine I will be buying a DHP here soon. But I want to know what are the long term effects if any on the transmission? I mean I don't drive my car all that hard, but this would just be nice to have when I want to get her going or get a rare race.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am just overly paranoid about breaking things on my car!!! :unsure:

Oh and if I were to get a performance shift on/off button run would that mean that when it was off it would drive and shift like it was with the stock PCM?

-Zach

zeez gtp

Addict
Nov 21, 2008
Bolingbrook
Your tranny life will depend on how badly you beat your car. you don't seem to be to modded up yet, so i doubt you will have any problems with the dhp and perf shift. on my car, it feels so much better with perf on all the time, because the shifts are slow without it on. the perf shift on the dhp is not designed to tear apart your tranny.

if you make a on/off switch. i am sure you can turn it on or off. cause on my car, i have a perf shift switch and it engages when i turn it on.

you will be fine. get the dhp, you will never regret it. it's one of the best things i got for my car :D

zack

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ive had my DHP for 4K miles so far and no ill effects. Im at 72K miles on my car now and it is totally fine.

For a GT, all the performance shift does is raise and lower the gear changes.

I still have it wired anyway since I have a digital DIC and the PS lights up. :D

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Originally posted by zeez gtp@May 8 2004, 06:12 PM
Your tranny life will depend on how badly you beat your car. you don't seem to be to modded up yet, so i doubt you will have any problems with the dhp and perf shift. on my car, it feels so much better with perf on all the time, because the shifts are slow without it on. the perf shift on the dhp is not designed to tear apart your tranny.

if you make a on/off switch. i am sure you can turn it on or off. cause on my car, i have a perf shift switch and it engages when i turn it on.

you will be fine. get the dhp, you will never regret it. it's one of the best things i got for my car  :D

zack
I coudlnt agree more, today i put the pefromance shift on all day whenever i drove, the thing snapped into the next shift very firmly, not to mention i ended the day with 22.7 MPG :D :D. I even floored it like 5 times. haha. :D

edit*** no highway miles at all :eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info