3800 RACE DAY LOCATION CHANGE

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
We are in the process of moving the ILGPC drag day to US41. We are doing this in an effort to get as many runs in at the track as possible. Many people dont like that at Byron you do get a limited amount of runs in, at US41 we should be able to get a significantly greater amount of runs in. US41 also has less expensive rates compared to Byron. We are very sorry for such short notice about this, but we feel it will make this day even better. If you plan on spending the night at LP's shop, it is approximately a 2 hour drive to get to the track (i will be doing this), and we will convoy there in the morning. If you have any questions please ask. thanks
~steve

12secGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
Des Plaines
<---not saying a word. :( :angry:
OK, FINE.... I will say something.... :angry: :angry:
I busted my ASS trying to put this thing together... all I got was shit from a few people and now all this crap about the track on ClubGP....
the reason to move to US41 is NOT to get more runs it is because of the crap about generous times at Byron (total shit!!!) but since new records will prolly be set, they dont want the times to be disputed... The Drama is too much for me... I have turned this over to Bumpin... Dont be so hard on him. It was dumped in his lap late last night...

BTW... US41 is a 2 hour drive from MY house in Des Plaines.... and LP`s place is a bit over an hour north of me....
Look at closer to a 3 hour drive from up there (it is 150+ miles). :( esp if trailering a car

Have fun!! :D

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
WOW!

I can understand some people being upset.. (I AM ONE OF THEM)

but.. please understand a couple of things...

1) I remember a thread a couple of weeks ago.. wanting a commitment of a certain amount of runs.. and others complaining that they don't like byron..

2) I guess there was some BS on clubgp (I wouldn't know I don't go there), essentially claiming that if there are some record breaking runs there.. it will be argued that it is BS.. (of course INTENSE putting money into it, they don't want a record run to be disputed)

3) US41is cheaper, and you may be able to hot lap all day.

4) It sux being it is further (from LPs look at about 2.5 hours) I know, I live 5 minutes from him.

5) Please understand that it is not easy to co-ordinate a large event like this. and all the negative comments, directly affect those involved. Chrys has busted his but to try and give the best event, and lots do nothing but complain. Please put yourself in their shoes.. it was difficult, but they did it.. feeling that it was best for the club as a whole...

6) nothing for 6

7) Let us try to make this event work, no matter how much it frustrates us that it was changed.. let us look at it as opportunity, to have a much better day.. minus an extra hour or 2 of driving.

This isn't clubgp, please, let us lay off of the negativety, post feelings, but not bashing..

Thanks!!

John

GTPHales-Wife

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Plano, IL
Even though I am not going I think some people will be able to live with the change. It isn't Bumpin's fault if he was told to change the location.

And if he was told to change the location why would we vote...and the event is already next weekend.

Guess we just have to wait for the reason of why it was changed exactly.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
As far as the bogus times goes, its an official track, so I doubt times are bad there.

People do run fast there, but I think that personally has to do with traction. I always hook good there.

As far as the drama on clubgp, that thread got stupid fast, but I think that everyone on that thread has their panties in a bunch and I think it would be dumb to move an event because of some stupid thread.

However, Byron *IS* a friggin parking lot, and I'd drive the extra time if it meant getting more runs in !

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
I for one, am not going to the race day, not because of the location change, but for personal reasons. I agree that it should have been put to a vote..........if this was decided 2-4 weeks ago. The event is already next week, so there was no time to vote, only to schedule the new track. Personally, I hate BYRON, because I think its a junk track that gets too much credit as the "home of ILGPC". I feel for both chrys and bumpin, becuase I know how much trouble it is to get a track day for a club.

bottom line, this is inevitable, if you are able to go to us41, and want to support ILGPC then go, if not then go anyways!!!

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by iliveonnitro@May 7 2004, 11:56 AM
Yeah, maybe I'll make the mod day...but I can't drive that far :( Sorry to anyone that I said I would go to to track with as a cruise or to race while there.

Have fun racing guys, hopefully I can catch you beforehand. And good luck with breaking records :)
Someone is skerd. :p :ph34r:

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
Well I am not complaining, cause US41 is 40min from my house, and I was gunna go to the modd day then back to indiana (friends party on the 15th) then the 16th I was gunna go up to byron now I will be able to it with less traveling..

I personnally wouldn't change it just because of a thread on Clubgp, seriously, a track isn't gunna fake times..

Dream

Addict
Nov 20, 2008
Joliet, IL
Well, I'm going to add my two cents, even though I haven't planned a big event, or will even be racing a car.

If we can get a better track for less money, who gives a flying flip where it's located? This event was planned for byron weeks ago, and like others have said, noone can help it if it needed to be changed. Voting would not have helped at all because of the shortness of time allowed. People do the best they can with what they have and if other people don't like it then it's too bad(not bashing anyone, just stating a fact). Personally, if i was racing, I would want the better of two tracks, and not care where it's located....people drive to OHIO to race...what's a couple of hours?

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
:eek: Where have I been? When did this happen :( .
Sooo, let me get this straight. The people of ClubGP said Byron sucks and they won't acknowledge any times posted with that track. So now, we are catering to their needs by cancelling the location of an effent planned about 1 year ago.

Since we are conceding to their demand does it mean that ANYONE - ANYONE in the future that runs at Byron and has a personal best - will not count as a 'real' run? :huh:

Who in ClubGP is saying that Byron doesnt count and who gives a $hit about him?

Chrys worked hard for this event. Not sure why we need to play the ClubGP game. :(

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info