3800 Something Weird...Anyone Know?

Hey whats up everyone....we went to autozone today for the SES light, found the code, po128, and thanks to siliver2002gtp, said it is, "The Engine is not warming up enough." i kind of figured that the 4- 1/8 hole drilled 180 t-stat is a bit to much, i think i'll put the 195 back in tommorow.., i can figure that the holes were letting to much coolant into the engine when the thermo wasn't opened....

BUT.....................................

WHY would the pcm tell my cooling fans to stay on all the time? If the engine is not warming up enough, would common sense say to not have the fans go on????
Thats Weird....Or maybe something happen to the fans fuse or relay thats makin the pcm turn the SES light cause its cooling when it doesn't have too....

ANYBODY have any other ideas?

Lataz

I

imported_GraFFix

Dont put the 195 back in just go to any autoparts store..tell them you need a thermostat for a gtp and they should have 2 types..a 195 and a 180 get the 180..will be like 6 bucks and just put that one in.
you dont need those drilled out thermos..really doesnt even make a difference. Put the 180 in and see if the ses goes away. if not unplug the negative battery cable overnight or at least for a few hours and hook it back up that should reset your PCM then if you get the SES back we need to look at other things.

Honestly I dont know if that would be the problem..When i first got my car I had very bad heat in the winter the motor never really warmed up if I was driving. I changed the thermostat one day and to my supprise the previous owner cut the whole thermo part off..I was basically running with no thermostat..and I never threw a code or anything.

try a new thermo and well take it from there..maybe it detected the leaking Thermo and threw a code.

LMK how it goes..if your still having problems well hook up one day this week and Ill take a look at it.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

The problem is that the engine doesn't warm up as fast as the computer would like to see with a drilled stat in. I even have that with an undrilled 160. It'l go away once it gets warmer out. In these in-between temps, our cars throw that code. Until night time temps average 50's or so it'll keep throwing that code.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info