3800 Autometer gauges bad?

V

V82GTP

Hey guys, I read today on a subaru board that autometer gauges are crap. The guy posting specifically said that the autometer boost gauges are known to be about 1-3 psi off. Is there any merit to this? Or just some guy who got a bum gauge. He then proceeded to recommend Defi gauges I believe. Any ideas?

Thanks
Jaime

V

V82GTP

yes, i definitely agree with you there. thats why i figured the guy might have gotten a bad gauge, or just heard about someone. a lot of people like that spread bad words about companies when they "hear about someone" having a problem. But, either way, i am happy with my autometer boost gauge, and so are people that i know that run them.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
I hate their boost gauges though. Ive messed with mine twice and it still has a vac leak. Maybe im doing something wrong, but even the basic engineering of that seal is pethatic. Dont get me wrong, i like the gauge, but its a lil awkward to stomp on the pedal and reach upper rpms to hear a .....sssssssssssss. And my vac reading stays too high, but I know its because of the leak. My $25 boost gauge never leaked and was engineered much simpler. But it looked ugly :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info