3800 bad O2 pigtail....

12secGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
Des Plaines
Originally posted by CoolGTX@May 3 2004, 08:00 PM
so wahts the problem, corroded conections, or what

would it help to use dieelctric on the connctors
had some water in the pitail, corroded the connector a bit. not sure how far the corrosion went but the past few days when I would start the car the A/F gauge would peg at 2.55 v and the car would run like crap.
I pulled the pigtail out of the loop and the car is running alot better.
I tried dielectric.. did not help. prolly to late for it and the stuff that i had in there was gone (it can evaporate over time)

now i am wondering if that pigtail has been my performance problem all along....if the PCM was getting shit O2 readings and compensating in a f`ed up way, i may have lost quite a bit of performance down the track :( and could be running mid 12`s like I should be...
oh well, to late anyway.... :(

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I had this last year, it just wouldn't dry out. I even took the connector apart and let it sit all day after wiping it out. The only thing that fixed it was to put in a new connector from Justin. Even when it was running good during the problem, my crosscounts were really slow.

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
WOW !!!
That is your problem. Joe had corrosion in his pigtail caused his car to literally shut off and the O2'as were insanely high. He finally took the pigtail out and the car fired up beautifully.. ANd his o2's went back to normal!

Hope that is your problem.. Crimson WOLF!! RESERRUCTED!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info