3800 Question about street legal boost.

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Obviously it is one of those laws that is there to nail people on technicalites. There is no way, short of siezing your car, that the government could prove the amount of boost you are running. You cant tell how much boost a car makes unless it is under a load, and that can't be done at a traffic stop. You could neutral rev ALL day long, and maybe see a pound of boost. That leads me to question the existence of that law. MANY of the semi's driving around are running a LOT more than 8psi of boost. Where did you hear about this? Im not accusing you of making shit up, but I question your source. You do realize that the WRX is boosting at just about 14 psi stock, and the EVO is boosting at about 19psi.... See why i question the validity?

BC

Sucks for the Grand Nationals then... Made in 1986/1987 with 15 PSI from the factory!! I have never heard of this law and frankly, it is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. <_<

Time for a massive recall on tens of thousands of cars made with factory turbos. There is no way in hell that law is real... the NHTSB would NEVER let an OEM produce a car that violates laws like that. :(

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Here is the info.. and pics at the bottom.

Engine/Exhaust:
-1.9 Intense Rockers
-DHP
-3" DP
-uben/res removal with 2.5" piping
-Summit super Turbo mufflers
-Fasttoys tips
-Ported Manifolds
-Thrasher CAI
-3.25" S/C pulley.
-Autolite 103's
-Brake upgrade with drilled/slotted rotors up front.

Sound:
-6x9 Alpine type-S
-5.25 Apline type-S
-Pioneer 4400 h/u
-Amp attached to the 6x9's

Appearence:
-Red GTP overlays and trunk overlay
-Red inlays on the rear bumper and the front license plate
-High Polished TQ stars with clear coat on them
-Red Brake calipers

cacic.jpg

cacic2.jpg

cacic3.jpg

cacic7.jpg

cacic9.jpg

cacic11.jpg

cacic12.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info