3800 The beast is home

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Sorry about the poor quality pic, it was the only one we have of right now. Anyone up for a mod day next month of doing a motor swap??? Just a thought cause i dunno if my dad will ever get around to it. Well thanks to everyone who has been giving me compliments this past month on how she's been coming along. I promise hopfully within the next month or 2 i will bring it to a mod day for all of you to drool over.

site1068.jpg

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Originally posted by iliveonnitro@May 3 2004, 07:18 AM
Actually...I might be interested.

What car is this going into? My friend and I have done about 4 motor swaps into his '73 charger, and one out of a duster.

Looks nice, specs? :)
It's going in my 83 Hurst/Olds It started off as a 350 but now it's a 355. It's got an edlebrock intake manifold, racing cam, holley 770 Street avenger Carb, Hedman headers, All MSD ignition stuff, and some other goodies. The guy who put it together estimated the HP at 425. We still have alot of work to do on the car, but i hope to get this thing in as soon as possible.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
If you need help, give me a call. cell # is in my profile.

My friend's 73 charger used to have a 318 which we pulled a couple times. He then bought a 340; he bored it over, has keith black pistons with some other nice things. Only thing thats holding him back are the steel racing heads that came off of the dodge dart. Some (actual) Dart aluminum heads would put him closer to 350hp. It pulls hard at the top end; although he's having some big ignition problems.

I remember seeing an 80's hurst olds on higgins road last summer, it was black with maybe gold stripes...not sure, but i know it was black with a nice sound to it. Could that have been you?

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Originally posted by iliveonnitro@May 3 2004, 07:32 PM
If you need help, give me a call. cell # is in my profile.

My friend's 73 charger used to have a 318 which we pulled a couple times. He then bought a 340; he bored it over, has keith black pistons with some other nice things. Only thing thats holding him back are the steel racing heads that came off of the dodge dart. Some (actual) Dart aluminum heads would put him closer to 350hp. It pulls hard at the top end; although he's having some big ignition problems.

I remember seeing an 80's hurst olds on higgins road last summer, it was black with maybe gold stripes...not sure, but i know it was black with a nice sound to it. Could that have been you?
Alright i'll see what my dad wants to do. But that wasn't me though, my car looked like this before we started to take it apart
site1010.jpg

And it did sound loud but the only reason for that was cause i got bored one day and ripped the friggen exhaust off, cause the cat was all clogged up and the damn car wouldn't move to quick. But that's what the 83's look like the black/silver with the stripes and anniversary decals. Were just hoping that when the car is all done it will look like this
site1036.jpg

that's just a little drawing my dad did to see what he wants to make of this thing. But i will let you know about the motor though and if we need any help with it, and thanks again.

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Originally posted by 2KREDGHOST@May 4 2004, 05:27 PM
That is a beast good luck building her.
Thanks man, it's still gonna be a couple years thought before it is finally finished. I't damn expensive to do this kinda stuff, and it need alot of body work. But i just can't wait to drop that motor in, it's killing me just sitting in the garage right now.

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Originally posted by RoyalGTP+May 4 2004, 08:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ May 4 2004, 08:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-00GTPSC@May 4 2004, 05:31 PM
it's killing me just sitting in the garage right now.
heehehe...were do you live>? :p [/b][/quote]
Oh come over and get it if you want, no one is home during the day. But i'll just make sure my Great Dane is chained up to it, so if you can get past him, then it's all yours, or take him to if you want, i hate that mean bastard, he weighed in at 150lbs last time he went to the vet.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Motor swaps are pretty easy on that platform, I would suggest yanking the rad, and installing the Motor/trans in one shot; way easier than putting them together on the car. Has someone finally made a trans crosmember for a dual exhaust on that platform yet? I couldn't get one for my Cutlass and ended up making my own out of desperation.

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@May 5 2004, 03:49 PM
Motor swaps are pretty easy on that platform, I would suggest yanking the rad, and installing the Motor/trans in one shot; way easier than putting them together on the car.
Well we have to remove everything off the front end. Both fenders and hood, and take the trand and motor all out. It's gonna be a pain, and then were gonna have to do it all over again in the fall cause that's when were having the trans re-built and beefed up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info