3800 new six speed manual question...

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Originally posted by syP@May 2 2004, 04:00 PM
omg.. seriously. I hate all these bashing comments from the noobs at my school who drive craptastic ricers and other crap. All they say is, why do you race an automatic. I wish i could show them Horist's car or the Turbo grand prix and tell them to suck an egg. Manual would be sooooo nice though.
Ask them: if manual transmission is so great, why do top fuel dragsters use automatic?

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by xttc2000@May 2 2004, 04:06 PM
you guys ever try to race a manual FWD car?

it sucks. yea it would be fun to drive, but its a bitch and a half to launch it.

you think getting a good 60' is hard now? it would be 10x worse
YES..And the getto would never be the same....Or there would be alot of parts in the junk yard.

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
okok... i see the advantages of automatic in drag racing... but they really dont come in to effect until you start making the car an all out racer like in the incredibly high horsepower range. in day to day drivers... in all the examples i can think of... the manual version will be roughly a half second faster in both 0-60 and ¼ times. a stock manual f-body will be faster than a stock auto f-body. its as simple as that. now when you start modding the crap out of it things do change, i understand this. but MOST peoples cars arn't modded to all hell so hence, the manual version would be faster.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info