3800 my tranny is craping out!

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
ok, my trans is starting to slip and what not from dead stops and shifting really bad if the perf. shift isnt on. so i guess its time for a new one! now, seeing how untill this past september, ive only owned rear wheel drive muscle cars, i dont know shit about these trans-vers mount cars. where can i get a rebuilt trans? whats the price that i should expect to pay?

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Teh intense tranny will stand up to anything you throw at it. The reason it was suggested is there hasn't been a really good record around here with rebuilt trannies. They tend to poop out, and end up costing you more in the end. There is also a few DIY kits out there, if you feel you are mechanically inclined enough to handle to rebuild. As for a shop in the area, you know as many as i do...

BC

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Doesnt look like you need an all out racing trans......I would recomend a reputable tranny shop. Have it rebuilt with an extra clutch plate and a new transverse chain...GTPicter knows a good shop in SKOKIE (I think)....The guy knows trannies and im sure can hook you up FAIRLY....

Be cheaper and faster to pull the tranny youself....

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Also, from what I have read, ZZP has been doing trans for a while. But they just havent made them on a mass scale for retail. If you call them up then they will probably help you. Also, if you go to www.GFWCperformance.com they have a rebuild kit right now, and I believe they will have their site updated within the next couple weeks with everything you can get. And of course, the Intense transmission as always, is available. Expect nothing but great quality in that transmission, but those other options are out there since you dont want a full race transmission.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Originally posted by rob@Apr 30 2004, 05:04 PM
Doesnt look like you need an all out racing trans......I would recomend a reputable tranny shop. Have it rebuilt with an extra clutch plate and a new transverse chain...GTPicter knows a good shop in SKOKIE (I think)....The guy knows trannies and im sure can hook you up FAIRLY....

Be cheaper and faster to pull the tranny youself....
anyone know the name of this shop? or a number i can call them?

and how difficult is it to pull the trans myself? i have lots of experience motor/trans swaps and build-ups with older RWD muscle cars, just not the FWD cars. is this the deal with pulling the engine to get to the tranny?

S

sr71_rgl

The only guy on here I know of that has done trans swaps is GTPHALE but I think he's hung his wrenches up. I hit em up on IM a couple of weeks ago to see if he was interested in doing a trans swap for me but I'm assuming hes way too busy getting his cars ready for race season cuz he never got back to me. IM him and ask him whatever questions you have and he'll prolly get back to you with what you want to know. If you're looking for a inexpensive but good quality trans rebuild email Allowencer on ClugGP. GL either way and let us know how it goes.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Use a new converter.

For rebuilds, we are going to be offering a full rebuild with a Thrasher shift kit set on your stage of choice as well as a 30k tranny cooler and Raybestos clutches for $1900.00 installed.

No it's not an Intense transaxle but not everyone has the money for that either. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info