3800 ILGPC spring Race day INFO....

Here are the details of the Intense/ILGPC race day taking place on Sunday may 16th.

First let me say that, as in the past, your runs will be limited. Byron has been and always will be a busy track.
This has not prevented us in the past of having a great day racing with alot of fun as most of you know.
Also, do not compare our race day to an Intense Drag Day or the like. Our race day is not time only racing... Our race is BRACKET RACING...
If you get there when the track opens, I can guarantee you at least 4 runs if you enter the bracket race (3 dial in runs and at least the first round of brackets). You make get more, you wont get less.

I hope that all of you make it out and show our sponsers what ILGPC can do.

Here are some basics:
gates open at 8:30 am
racing starts at 10:00 am
track closes at 6pm this year.
if you run under 13.99 bring a helmet
if you run faster than 11.99 bring a 5 point roll cage ;-)
No shorts if you are racing.. sorry
if you have street tires, go AROUND the waterbox
actual brackets start about 2pm
the track has unleaded (100 and 104) and leaded (110 and 118) race fuel
we will have our own staging lanes specifically for ILGPC. I will announce them at the track.
The brackets are open to ALL club members no matter what kind of car you have.

cost:
25$ for the driver
10$ per spectator
10$ per car that races for the prize pot.
any car entering the race has to pay the $10 for the prize pot.

bracket racing is head to head racing. you will get three (3) runs to "dial-in" your time. From those 3 runs you will decide what you think you will CONSISTANTLY run for the rest of the brackets and put this on your car. You cannot go faster than this time or you will "break out" and lose the race (unless your opponent breaks out more than you...). You cannot have a reaction time better than .500. If you do, this is called "redlighting" and you loose the race. When you get to the end of the track and get your timeslip, it will let you know who is the winner. Winners of that race should go back to our staging lanes... losers go to the pits or the test and tune staging lanes (NOT ours!!).

prize payout amount will be determined by the number of people that race in the brackets and will be distributed as follows:

1st, trophy and 50% of pot
2nd, trophy and 30% of pot
3rd, 10% of pot
4th, 10% of pot

there will be some other prizes to be distibuted that are TBD. I will post details on those as I find things out.

Every race day that I have coordinated in the past has beat the previous ones in fun and attendance :D... I dont want this one to be an exception!! I expect ALL ILGPC club members to be there and show your support for the greatest GP club in the WORLD and our sponsers!!! :D :D

Chrys
Race Day Coordinator

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
Sounds like it will be another great afternoon at Byron! Last year was great Chrys and im sure this year will be even better.

One Question for you. I sold the GTP and now have a Trans Am. Am I allowed to race in the brackets or is it limited to 3800 FWD powered cars?
Hey at least its still a Pontiac LOL. Either way I'll be there for sure. I just enjoyed the bracket racing last year and the 3rd place prize money was very cool.

I

imported_GraFFix

And also...just in case someone is weary about coming..even if you dont want to race your car, its still a great time just to come and hang out and watch the races. and its only 10 bucks to get in if your spectating.

So with that said. I would love to see the biggest turnout ever.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by 12secGTP+Apr 27 2004, 01:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (12secGTP @ Apr 27 2004, 01:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kyle@Apr 27 2004, 12:32 PM
What about no prize for 4th, and giving that to the site? Just an idea.
If we did that, then there would be no third place as well....
I may come up with some other idea, later to kick back to the site... but for now, I am doing this like i have in the past :) [/b][/quote]
Why would that mean no 3rd then?
I dunno I'm just trying to think of ways to take the burden off of john.

Dream

Addict
Nov 20, 2008
Joliet, IL
Originally posted by Dreamcat78@Apr 28 2004, 09:10 AM
becky i would be more than happy to help collect money also this year...i wont be racing so I can assist wherever needed!
It's ok...I can do it...i asked the boss today and i told her i had to go out of town for a "family" get together...so I won't be asked to work.

Which is good because I didn't really want to miss this mod/track day. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info