3800 SNAP when put in reverse?

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
How about your CV shafts...Could be worn...If the boot slipped of or tore its definetly bad....You'll see the grease but if you dont that doesnt mean that its not worn.

Dont go and pull the tie rods.....their probably not the culpret and the outters are tourqe yeild nuts.

If the mounts are suspected. Brake tourqe the car....Not a burn out. Hold your foot on the brake well and bump the accelerater. If you feel the engine flop or there is excessive travel check the rubber for cracks or if see if it is torn off the mounting plate.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by UrbsnSpices@Apr 27 2004, 01:48 PM
I think it is a front motor mounts. Major engine flop when the car is shifted into gear. I guess my 2.0* lanuches have taken their toll.

Everything else looked ok, but I dont know.

We also checked out the flexplate, it was perfect, bolts seemed tight, no broken welds, or scratches or galling.
If it's the uppers, get SnM's mounts. I can also show you a way to modify the uppers to lock them.

Urbsnspices

Oct 7, 2008
P1010023.JPG

Here is the fix. Seems to work good, much less flop. Now I have to make one for the rear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info