3800 3.4 inch SC pullet

Originally posted by gtpxtreme99@Apr 26 2004, 01:14 AM
yo does anyone have any advice on whether i should drop the 3.4 inch pulley in and is it hard to put in, and swap, can i damage anything, and how are the dealers if they find it, any advice is appreciated, dan
I have the tool, i already bought it with the pulley, so i am ready to go with it. i was worried about breaking the nose drive, though

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Just follow the directions. And be sure to take your time. Do it slowly. NO need to rush.

Be sure when wrenching the pulley off to use even pressure on the wrench and to be sure you are doing it straight and not any angles

Also use lots of antiseize. Lube up the main rod lube up the M8 stud lube up the screws that screw into the backing plate. And also lube up the inside of the pulley hole when you put the pulley back on.

P.S. What type of puller did you get? If it is a thrasher I would be happy to buy it off of you. Pm me so we can work out a deal. Or I can do the pulley for you and you can sell me the puller for less.

And remember TAKE YOUR TIME!!

Many things can go wrong if you rush.
You can break the seal on the SC bearings..you can also strip the threads inside of the Sc snout. Or you can break off the M8 stud inside of the snout.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info