3800 Serious thoughts

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
I was searching autotrader for fun, and ran into an offer thats looking pretty good. Here's the specs:

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
AWD, turbo (TSi), 5sp
39k original miles
complete stock, never upgraded
1 owner
all power, no sunroof, new tires
rear LSD
solid car, NICE condition, black on grey
39,850 miles
asking price: $9500

If I can get him down to $9k, should I sell my car and buy it?

I KNOW: its a 4cyl, and an import, and finding races will be harder

But i also know that it is faster than my car ever will be, it's stick, and turbo. Not to mention it will handle better than any GP at decent speeds, in the rain/snow, and even in general.

I would be leaving this close knit family of GPs, but because of a faster car. I put a lot of sweat and money into my car, but I'm getting like Hale: fed up.

What do you guys think, should I sell my car and buy it, or stick it out with my car?

Thanks,
James

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
i believe that if you are going to dump a TON of money into a car to make it really fast you should start with a platform that can reliably handle the power. the DSM would prolly be the way to go if you just want to go fast. it has been proven to handle massive amounts of power and still be everyday drivable and reliable. plus with AWD you would get some phatty 60' times!! :D plus it would be much more flexable with the manual tranny.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
I say your out just for thinking about getting something else! :eek:

j/k :p Everyone is not going to keep their current car forever. Times and taste change. I would imagine people will come and go all the time. Otherwise we would all get bored with each other. And lots of people here don't own GP's so it's cool to stay.

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I would not pay more than 7K for that. I doubt they will get 9k from a dealership.
And I will tell you right now that the car is not a GSX and a TSI. Isn't the TSI the Talon?
1995's is when they slapped on the extra weight. Most people make the previous Gen the fastest. My buddy had a 12 flat in his '91 GSX and I hate to tell people that it is not easy. Sure you can do it but it will still cost you like 10k.
Not knocking it, just throwing an opinion out there.
As long as you don't get beat by anyone with a Mustang, go for it :p

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
You can get him lower. Also, i don't think you will have a harder time getting races. In fact i would bet you get a lot more. You are driving a car that every mustang and f-body owner wants to beat on, then you have all the ricers..... much less incogneto (sp??) than a Grand Prix. If you are looking to spend around 10k for the car look into a late model RX-7. After you decide it isn't fast wnough you can throw an LS1 in there for $5k all day, and be running 12's from the start. Thats my plan at least. :D

BC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info