3800 Speed inc.

Well i went there to dyno my car today :angry: and there we 10 other fbodys there we got $65.00 for two pulls not bad. but they put my car up there and started to run it and then they almost made the front end fall off :angry:. Then they did two pulls and they only like 1/2 runs. I get the sheet back and it said 207hp and 128tq @ 9.8RPMS :blink: and they started at 7.2rmps or something. They guy said it was because it was hitting the rev. limiter at 110 and 5k rmps. :blink: i went inside and talked to larry and he gave me my 65.00 with in trubble. But i was so mad that they could not even dyno it. And i have had it dynoed last year. at dyno pro. So on they way back down 355 i was like thats bs i have had it past 110. I got up to 117 then started to slow. That even mad me madder that he said it sut off at 110. :angry:

Sorry just had to vent :ph34r:

That sucks, sorry you had ahard time dynoing it. I know when I was there once they were having problems with their dyno and it was strange because my numbers were not as high as they said it was. They called me back later and said to add about 5 hp to my numbers because it was off. That has been the only problem though, so maybe they were just having problems with their machine????

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
have you had your speed limiter removed? If they're saying that it wouldn't go past 5 grand on the dyno then it wouldn't go past 5 grand on the dyno... not their fault... as for the the RPMs being off... not sure what caused that , I've had dynos at other places where my RPM doesn't show because of my torque converter ...

So you're calling speed liers? I mean if they said it shut off at 110 and stopped at 5k RPM ... they have no control over that they get in hit the gas and go until the RPM you tell them to stop at ... if the car won't let them go past that point not much they can do...

It's also possible it could have been a problem with the dyno... though if all the others were ok (I know of at least one that hit a new best w/just the addition of headers) then I don't think that's the problem...

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Sounds like maybe they had it in 2 or 3 ? The limiter in 3rd gear is 108 with a stock pcm. Other things they need to do is turn off traction control.

I've never been to Speed Inc, so I cannot say how many FWD apps they do, etc, but i thought they were more of an Fbody place myself. Dyno Pro moved to a somewhat closer area and I usually use them when I dyno cars and the only problems we have sometimes is getting a proper tach signal on these cars. (*hint* always bring an OEM wire with you to the dyno if you have big thick aftermarkets)

As far as the bad tach readings, they probably had the Spark Firing at 360 instead of 720. (or is it the other way around hehehe :D ) This would have really messed up the torque #'s as well.

Charles

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by xttc2000@Apr 25 2004, 09:21 AM
and i dont know what the hell kind of dyno you were on last time, but i would throw that dyno sheet out. because there is no way a stock GTP would make 220HP STOCK. thats like 280 flywheel HP. you would be running 13.6-7 stock if that dyno was accurate.
that website he promotes, says 3.25 pulley

hardly stock :rolleyes: <_<

I have the old dyno sheet if you want to see it..... and it was not off because i was there wiht like 20 other fbodys and such. and yes i now have a FWI and 3.25 pulley with 2KR @ WOT.....so i am keeping it on there. I am going to APR in Joliet in the next few weeks to get it dynoed. But one otherthing At the bottom of the sheet it wnt from 7,000-9,800 RPMS insted of 1,000-5,600.....Also should they not be able to give me my numbers up to 5,000??

An yes i am almost stock.

Do you want to see they dyno sheet.....and it was not 220/240 it was like 218/238 or something...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
You're running a 3.25 with just a FWI? The pope must have blessed that engine himself.

As for the dyno dying, you keep making reference to your trip home and having the car up to 117mph. Keep in mind that the dyno operater wants the transmission in the gear closest to 1:1. For that reason they put the car in 3rd gear in which the speed is limited to 108mph.

You can't really blame the shop for their ignorance. They specialize in F Bodies.

Ok they should have show me the dyno paper that went to 5k. the one he showed me went from 7k to 9.8k and with a bunch of spaces.
The dyno was not off!!!! Other people told me there have been other people that dynoed with about the same numbers. and marcymark wiht the balck GTP or whateverhis name is was there that day and look at his numbers!!! thay are not off

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info