3800 GTP vs Honda

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
ok so last night around 11:00pm or so ... me and some friends are leaving hooters ... so we get to the point where we need to make a left turn... and it's a dual left turn lane

well.. next to me comes this young kid in a honda... he never looks over (or at least neither I nor my passenger saw it) ... but he keeps jumping a little...

Like he's taking his foot off the brake and then hitting the brake hard ... we're in my car laughing our asses off at him waiting for him to make eye contact but he just stays looking straight...

So finally i decide "fug it ... he wants to race around a turn so be it"

Light turns, he squeals his tires, I squeal mine, i beat him through the turnand then kill him once i'm straight... for the next 4 miles or so we were on the road he stayed way far back ...

I wish i had my video camera :D

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Stupid Honda's, i seriously wonder what gets into these kids heads all the time. I had an Accord try to race me the other night while i was out in the Lightning, i mean honestly, why do they think there cars are the fastest thing out there. I still like this saying, "My lug nuts require more tourque then your car puts out" :D

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Honda's were invented to make the race scene feel better about their slow cars, because in the end, they can still beat a honda.

I remember this Prelude sponsored by Racer X magazine or whatever wanted to run me. He had intake, header, exhaust, pulleys, vtec controller, 5sp with short shift and stage 2 or 3 (i dont remember) clutch, and gutted interior. He was always talking shit about his fast car, and it got around to me. I only had an intake and ZZP HV insert, no cam, computer, or any of the stuff i do now.

So we set up the race -- we wound up doing it twice with the same results. He supposedly "shifted too early" or something during the first race. Either way, i took him by over 2 cars, both times. I remember seeing him in my mirror, and wondering why people think 4cyl vtech's are fast. It was a free tank of gas either way, I didnt mind.

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by iliveonnitro@Apr 24 2004, 06:20 PM
Honda's were invented to make the race scene feel better about their slow cars, because in the end, they can still beat a honda.

I remember this Prelude sponsored by Racer X magazine or whatever wanted to run me. He had intake, header, exhaust, pulleys, vtec controller, 5sp with short shift and stage 2 or 3 (i dont remember) clutch, and gutted interior. He was always talking shit about his fast car, and it got around to me. I only had an intake and ZZP HV insert, no cam, computer, or any of the stuff i do now.

So we set up the race -- we wound up doing it twice with the same results. He supposedly "shifted too early" or something during the first race. Either way, i took him by over 2 cars, both times. I remember seeing him in my mirror, and wondering why people think 4cyl vtech's are fast. It was a free tank of gas either way, I didnt mind.
wow, the dude in the Prelude must have been an incredibly shitty driver cause if that Prelude really had all that shit on it it should easily be in the low 14's and prolly 13's with a good driver... but nice kill none the less!! :D

Originally posted by horist@Apr 24 2004, 04:57 PM
ok so last night around 11:00pm or so ... me and some friends are leaving hooters ... so we get to the point where we need to make a left turn... and it's a dual left turn lane

well.. next to me comes this young kid in a honda... he never looks over (or at least neither I nor my passenger saw it) ... but he keeps jumping a little...

Like he's taking his foot off the brake and then hitting the brake hard ... we're in my car laughing our asses off at him waiting for him to make eye contact but he just stays looking straight...

Light turns, he squeals his tires, I squeal mine, i beat him through the turnand then kill him once i'm straight... for the next 4 miles or so we were on the road he stayed way far back ...

which hooters were you at? cuz i was at the one by o'hare lastnight around that time

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by Adam86+Apr 24 2004, 06:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adam86 @ Apr 24 2004, 06:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-horist@Apr 24 2004, 04:57 PM
ok so last night around 11:00pm or so ... me and some friends are leaving hooters ...  so we get to the point where we need to make a left turn... and it's a dual left turn lane

well.. next to me comes this young kid in a honda...  he never looks over (or at least neither I nor my passenger saw it) ... but he keeps jumping a little...

Light turns, he squeals his tires, I squeal mine, i beat him through the turnand then kill him once i'm straight...  for the next 4 miles or so we were on the road he stayed way far back ...

which hooters were you at? cuz i was at the one by o'hare lastnight around that time [/b][/quote]
Well at 3pm I was at the hooters in naperville :D but when this event occurred I was at the hooters in Mundelein

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
oh that's vernon hills? heh all the same to me :) ( i have no clue where all the borders are... I use to work at the Motorola campus that's in libertyville yet the surrounding property is mundelein, and I went to highschool at Carmel which is in mundelein)

I just know that that hooters sux!!! ... from the outside hehe (the women their were fine ) .. but the sign ... doesn't look like hooters ! (due to some city statute limiting the showiness or colors or something like that.. it looks like a bookstore or something)

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Originally posted by iliveonnitro@Apr 27 2004, 12:10 PM
What are you talking about? Those wings put massive downforce on their FWD cars...how can you run with anything smaller?
I saw an eclipse last night when i walked out of work and it had a pretty good sized wing, with another gigantic wing attached to that one, i just pointed and laughed.

Jim

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info