Disabling VATS Camaro L36 PCM or OS writeover

bs009

Making 3800's Great Again
Feb 13, 2014
NashVegas
So for my l36 swap that I'm working on right now, I'm having trouble turning off the VATs system. Right now the engine fires right up and then promptly dies though after about 3 or 4 seconds. Fuel pressure is great.

The table here is set to disable the VATS, but it seems like that was not enough to get the job done.
8l3B76V.png

I read from David Norris's swap when he used the same PCM that he fixed this issue by using a PCM from a 99 GTP. Seems like there might be some consensus that GTP pcms play nicer with swaps?

I know that there are two wires in the pcm to enable the starter and the injectors that needed to be grounded, and I'm sure I grounded those.

I'm wondering if there is some other table that I need to look at or something else that I might have missed to disable the VATS system.

Would I be able to write the OS of a 99 GTP onto my 98 L36 Camaro's PCM? I know that we are typically referred to GM's site to see what OS's are compatible with each pcm. Any Thoughts?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info