3800 ILGPC IC Feedback

VIN7

Apr 22, 2008
Hey guys, this is a great board you have here, the clubgp leaves a little to be desired....

Anyways, I am ready to intercool my car (98 Regal) and like LP3800's setup. What I would like is some feedback on daily drivability, stuff like kr reduction in hot temps, a/c on, heat soak. I'm not looking for race trim performance, but the real world situations.

Thanks,
Mike

I

imported_GraFFix

I dont know how well it controls knock but I do know that one of the members here added the I/C, rockers and a smaller pully and he ran a
full second faster in the 1/4

The I/C should conrtol all your knock but every car is different..everyone who has a I/C on is happy with thier setup.

Do a search for the LP intercooler, or ilgpc intercooler theres a bunch of posts on it with peoples feedback.

BillyBoy

Jan 19, 2009
So far, I have been pretty happy. I run a 3.0" pulley as my daily driver on 93
octane. Typically, I see little to no KR. I think it's a bit early in the season to know
what the performance will be like when it is 90 degrees and the AC is running.
But, I'll let you know.

I

imported_GraFFix

Originally posted by CoolGTX+Apr 27 2004, 05:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CoolGTX @ Apr 27 2004, 05:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GraFFix@Apr 26 2004, 01:36 PM
..everyone who has a I/C on is happy with thier setup.
mighty big assumption [/b][/quote]
Then Elaborate and tell us more...thats what the guy is asking for. And without feedback from actual people who HAVE an IC I can only ASSUME that people are happy with it.

Unless I hear otherwise thats what I have to believe...

So if you have some comments about the IC why dont you post them and explain..rather then make a quick, somewhat misleading comment that will confuse the people more then help them.

I thought this club was about helping one another...Seems like for some members its a I know something you dont kinda thing. <_<

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
I think with the new version of the IC everyone will be very happy with it. It was a learning experiance and everyone that was involved learned something about IC's now that all the bugs are worked out I think its going to be a kick ass setup. Now Brian start getting kits together for people so they don't have to find the parts. lol

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Welp seems there are some ppl not happy with the IC. I am still going to purchase my set up and try it. I just wish ppl would tell us what they found wrong. Not just say anything! As soon as I get some numbers I will post back my opinions!! I will have the IC on by the race day!!

New tranny here I come!! INTENSE hope you are ready to build me a new one!!:LOL!!

I

imported_GraFFix

Sweet Alex...when you doing it? I want to be there to watch...possibly help :p
I would like to hear some feedback on the IC...seems that no one is saying anything and now 2 people that I know of have taken them off but gave no reasons as to why?

LP Any idea?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info