3800 In desperate need of a TOP O2 sensor..

I

imported_GraFFix

Anyone got a working one laying around they dont need? Im a little strapped for cash and my cars running like a POS and this is the last thing i have to check before i burn the thing...heh

I got one from SNM but i guess it was the wrong one..or was the lower one cause the plug didnt fit :(

I can possibly drive to pick it up if anyone has one..depending on the area.

Thanks

I

imported_GraFFix

In a perfect world i would of done that..but the guy who did my exhaust used a normal nut for the O2 and well..Now its all rusted and the O2 is fused onto the nut..I was affraid to try and get it off...since i didnt feel like having a hole in my exhaust from a broken O2 bung. :(

I

imported_GraFFix

Thanks jared but im tired of trying things that I dont even know are working...Ill feel better knowing that its brand new. I just want the car to run..lol I didnt have it for 3 months due to the trans run around then i finally get it back and a week later it dies on me..gay fuel pump resistor!
This is the last thing i have to do and the car should be running like it should be.

And no offence to Caspers I know thier prices are cheaper but I just bought one from there like 9 months ago...the exact same one I have to replace now. So im going to try them from a different source now.
Plus the price I got from my buddy is just a little bit more then caspers and I can pick it up on my way home from work...where as caspers is waaay out of my way :)

I

imported_Ron Vogel

BTW, the back one will work, but it's a different connector. If there is even the slightest bit of condensation in the connector for the manifold 02 it will cause all sorts of troubs. Also, if the car starts well; runs for 30 seconds cold, then starts to run very poorly it's either the 02 or moisture in the connector. For initial start up the computer relies on the maf until it feels the 02 sensor is sufficently heated to operate properly. Any coolant or exhaust leak by the 02 sensor will trash it very quickly. Just my .02

I

imported_GraFFix

Well that could of been my problem...when I picked the car up from Miker he had my headers on...but he didnt weld the downpipe. so I had to drive like 70 miles with a HUGE exhaust leak..lol

And it makes more sense now because..when I first started going home, my AF gauge was reading normal and everything was cool..half way home I threw a code and noticed my AF gauge wasnt reading anymore. And the way the TOGs are the O2 is really low on the downpipe...very close to were it was just wide open. its all welded now..so hopefully it wont be a problem anymore.

Hopefully the O2 shouldl fix everything and I can get back to beating on the car like normal :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list