3800 Special Thanks

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
I just want to thank everyone who has posted and gave me advise on my upper rebuild. It took me about 30 hours to complete the job (includes several trips to Ace, Menards, Autozone and Murrays - damm 1/4 18 NPT tap - thats a story in itself) but it's finally completed. I couldn't have done it without the support and help of all that have posted.

-Special thanks to Jamie, who came over even when he was busy taking care of his new baby. He comes over and the baby's kinda' sleeping. I don't know how the baby could sleep in his loud GTP! :rolleyes:
-Ron Vogel for all his expertise. Thanks for fixing my stripped sc stud.
-Rob for providing me options for head work. I know you made a lot of calls for me. Thanks a lot!
-John Fiurama (he doesn't post here)
-Everyone who posted!

There are some minor problems to hammer out, but the engine runs awesome at speed. I have to replace the EGR tube that I tore. Then maybe look at the sc gasket. I'm tired of looking under the hood and will live with it for now. But the car runs fine - sensors are off the wall though! More on that later. I haven't given her full boost yet. I've only stepped on the pedal for about 6psi of boost and she feels strong! No KR at part throttle.

Thanks again ALL.

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP - now with L32 heads.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• J
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list