3800 Finally got some dyno info on the

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
This dyno was done to a absolutely bone stock GTP.
Stock plastic cover on the engine, plugs, wires, TB, thermostat, everything. :huh:
The exhaust was absolutely bone stock. Stock down pipe and headers and even U bend. With that said:
We installed an LP intercooler, 3.0" pulley and a CAI and he gained 43 HP at the wheels and 48LBS of torque! Just imagine how much an exhaust will add with that 3.0 on there. It is probably begging to get air out of that engine.
His blower after 4 pulls was 85 degrees! That was on a 68* day with no cooling down and an hour ride to get there. Not to bad if you ask me. With some plugs, thermostat and timing, I am sure he will be putting down some serious power for the least mods possible.
This thing sounded like a caravan on steroids because of the stock exhaust.
I will try and keep everyone updated as more testing gets done. I plan on getting in Dynoed again in the near future with the exhaust opened up. Since he is the only person in the world who would run an IC and stock exhaust, the numbers are hard to apply to everyone's car. At least you know that this is the very least it will add to your car.
I wanted to give some example of how this intercooler will be setting standards in the future. ;)

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Start to prepare yourself for the inevitable Clubgp backlash towards anynew product that threatens ZZP

Agreed, but for preventative purposes, find out the KR that was experienced with the 3.0", Because if you saw 0, then you just stomped the ZZP IC. A guy on there just did a 3rd party comparison of the MAP and ZZP ICs. Here is the jist:

The best I was able to do with the MAP IC was 3.2" pulley with about 2-3 degrees of knock with WOT runs from 0 to basically 100mph.

The following weekend I installed the ZZP IC. Started off with the 3.2". I saw 0 knock and max temperature drops around 120F or so. I then switched to a 3.0" and saw 0 degrees KR with about 130F or so. I then switched to a 2.8" and saw about 1-2 degrees KR with about 138.9F peak difference. I added a little fuel with the AFC and ran 0degree KR with 139F peak difference

That was with these mods:

-slp headers
-slp dp
-MSP catback
-3.4" pulley
-DHP PCM
-180 Tstat
-MSP CAI
-Autolite 104's

So if you were running the 3.0 with close to 0 KR then you will be laying the smack down on ZZP and MAP, since you had far less mods on your setup. Thats why I asked about KR. It will allow better comparison with the other IC's, and help put down the haters.

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I would assume he was seeing a little just because of the bone stock exhaust. I was not able to check because I could not get a hold of an Atap at the last minute for the dyno. You are right about the clubgp bullshit. I am sure it will become a threat to the IC supply world since mine is really gonna be kicking ass and it is like $400 cheaper ;)
Thanks guys for the support!

BillyBoy

Jan 19, 2009
ok, I can add to this.....

I also took my car to the dyno this Saturday. With the 3.0" pulley I had 262hp at the
wheels. Almost 30hp more than last year when I ran a 3.4" and no IC. Here is the
graph:
http://64.32.210.122/Cars/ttype/Dyno/2004/...Graph040417.jpg

I'm not quite sure why the graph only shows from 5300-5900rpm. For some
reason, this place never seems to get a good print for me.

This is last years dyno graph:
http://64.32.210.122/Cars/ttype/Dyno/2003/...1April2003a.jpg

Here is the autotap log from Saturday:
http://64.32.210.122/Cars/ttype/Dyno/2004/DynoData040417.jpg

And the log from last year:
http://64.32.210.122/Cars/ttype/Dyno/2003/Dyno2April2003.jpg

I did have a bit of KR at the dyno Saturday, but I'm pretty sure that
was from not running cold enough plugs. I was running the Autolite 104's.

Then, Sunday we went to Byron.
I switched to Autolite 103's and ran all day with zero KR. (85 degress at the track)

My best time was 13.880, almost 3 tenths faster than my best time last year.
And that was with my crappy street tires and a 40mph head wind comming off
the Byron power plant.

Timeslip:
http://64.32.210.122/Cars/ttype/Drag/2004/Byron041804a.jpg

I think the intercooler is working.

bill

here is the difference in my car from last year to this year

i added:

1.9 rockeres
LP's IC
and exhaust
3.4 pulley to a 3.0

i went from [email protected] to [email protected]

I know temp gun reeadings were taken by hale but i dont recall them, maybe he can chime in here with those.

I had some timing issues that were my fault NOT the fault of the IC, if i could of gotten those taken care of i know the car was capable of a 13 flat. my o2 readings were all ~910. i had installed a happy knob that morning and was still learning on how to set things. like i said the timing issues were my fault.

In my opinion the IC kicks ass. we are all trying a little different setups with the plumbing and the pump sizes to see what works the best with our cars. if anyone has any questions let me know and i will try and answer them.

for fun tonight on the way home on 93 pump gas and a 3.2 pullley i did a couple of WOT runs with timing set at 18.5 degrees at WOT and i had 0 knock.

paul

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I am getting real close. I just want to enjoy all the nice members and their spectactular acheivements. Then I will throw the steak to the dogs :lol:
I would like to do a little write up and put it there. I heard they might erase it because it will be advertising. And I am not to excited about supporting that soap opera. But if someone else who had great results did it, that would be most appreciated :D I will do it soon and make sure the whole club see the 100 page flame war about how good it is and how bad Paul kicked the BTK's abd ZZP's ass at the races!! Way to go Paul B)

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
What you need to do is have everyone who can, record the results that they had with your unit. Then make a post, and have each of them reply to your post right away. So that haters have to read through 5 success stories before they can bash.

Also, you post should not be taken down if you just advertise the results of the kit. Dont mention pricing at all. Just the cold hard facts about the unit. Thats what Nu-line Performance did with their Turbo kit a lil ago, and that never got deleted.

Here is my results for what its worth. Last year my PB was 13.7 at 99. This year the only things i have added are LPs IC and a 2.76 pully. Last week I ran my car and got a 13.5 at 105 with a 2.2 60 foot. Im pretty confident that this intercooler and pully have produced enough power to move my car into the 12s. All i need now is traction. I was driving my car around yesterday, trying to figure out how to use my ls1m. I was check my KR and with the IC pump turned off the car made 6.xx degress, when the pump is on my car makes 1.9x. And thats on AL 103s with 8,000 miles. I cant believe the IC got rid of that much knock. Im going to change my plugs and go to the track tomorrow. later

carl

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info