L36 Fuel pressure regulator for turbo

bs009

Making 3800's Great Again
Feb 13, 2014
NashVegas
Can I run the stock FPR from the Camaro with positive pressure in the intake manifold?

reason I ask is because I'm looking at the injector flow rate tables for the L36 car and my L67 Regal and noticed that the Regal's flow rate changes with vacuum, where the L36 is pretty consistent.

stock for Regal:
Hub4IgV.png

Stock for Camaro:
hgOdcNP.png

I adjusted the Camaro tables for my 80lb injectors, but I'm wondering if I need to change this one to adjust for vacuum or boost pressure.

Maybe I could just unplug the vacuum line from the FPR to keep the pressure consistent?
I've also heard the diaphragms on these can go bad or something with higher boost levels.

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
Switch to a L67 FPR so it has 1:1 pressure bump from the boost?

If you have a big ass fuel pump setup, you would be wise to switch to a bigger/better
aftermarket style regulator. To much flow from big pump will blow through it.

Few had this issue with the e85 450 pumps... switched to a Aeromotive or Magnafuel
regulator cleared it up.

bs009

Feb 13, 2014
NashVegas
That makes sense then. I've currently got a walbro 255lph pump in the car, but the more I read the more it sounds like I should've gone bigger there. So that'll probably happen in the next year or so or if the Walbro fails.

Sounds like I'll need an aftermarket regulator then. I'll have to look around and see what's out there.

thanks

bs009

Feb 13, 2014
NashVegas
So I'm looking at finding a way to put this together now, and it looks like my only real option here is to modify the factory fuel rail since I'm using the injector holes in the intake instead of where the L67 cars have theirs.

I will probably find a way to remove and weld up the hole for the regulator and maybe put an aftermarket regulator on the return side of the rail.

for reference, here's what the f-body rail looks like:
SZkocdr.jpg

Before I buy an extra rail and spend the arm and leg on the regulator and its special fittings, are there any better options?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• bs009
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list