3800 Got my butt kicked soooo bad

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Yea, you read it. I raced a beautiful silver Z06 the other day. I was in the car with my gf, and up ahead and saw it. So I sped up to meet up with it and see if he would do anything. I went into the race with the mindset that I would get my ass handed to me, I left the race with my ass handed to me :D . Off a stop light i gunned it and he half gunned it, and I won ;) ...then the fun started. He did a horrendously awesome downshift while cruising next to me...and seconds later was car lengths ahead of me. So we took the fun onto the highway. We both come off the on ramp at wot, and before I got 200ft onto the interstate he was already passing me. A couple seconds later he was 4-5 car lengths ahead of me. Then we did a rolling race from 60mph, and within seconds he was hitting 100+ while I shut it down to watch him fly. The entire time my gf and I are laughing our asses off, because the car sounded so sweet, and I have never seen a Z06 in action. It was a beautiful site...so in good spirit we pulled up next to it and my gf screams at the top of her lungs "WE LOVE YOUR CAR". The two guys just smiled and exited off the highway. OH man I cant wait to get back to IL for the summer. I will be heading back to IA for three more weeks to finish up school. Just thought I would express my undieing love for Z06's.... :p

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Z06 = C5 hard top, 6 speed only with LS6 motor (better flowing heads, bigger camshaft, LS6 block, still 346 cubic inches, higher rev limiter)
C5 = LS1 motor (same motor as in firebirds and camaros (98+ V8))
C6=LS2 motor (6L , different block than LS1/LS6, more stroke and bore, heads are same bolt pattern as LS1)
C6 Z06 version (not sure if it will still be Z06 or Z07 or what... but it'll be a 500hp NA motor, still V8, and I've heard it will be 3 valves per cylinder but still 2 pushrods per cylinder (a V rocker arm to be used))

Stock Z06 will run mid to low 12s ... the C6 Z06 version will be in the 11s and will be a viper killer (500hp)

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Im pretty sure the new one is the Z06 still. The one to watch out for though is the Ford GT Killer *drueling*, or as GM has nicknamed it the "blue devil". Talk about mad power, and GM finally deciding to step into the game. They just better not scrap the project, estimating the blue devil to be $100,000. Lets see here, cost less than all of the exotic cars with similar hp numbers, and will absolutely destroy them in a race.....Where is the sign up list....Only if I had the money... :(

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by 98 gtp toy@Apr 21 2004, 01:06 AM
Im pretty sure the new one is the Z06 still. The one to watch out for though is the Ford GT Killer *drueling*, or as GM has nicknamed it the "blue devil". Talk about mad power, and GM finally deciding to step into the game. They just better not scrap the project, estimating the blue devil to be $100,000. Lets see here, cost less than all of the exotic cars with similar hp numbers, and will absolutely destroy them in a race.....Where is the sign up list....Only if I had the money... :(
So its a car called the blue devil? Anymore details? I'd just like to see what they have cooked up.

Also I've heard of the return of the dodge charger entering as dodges mustang or f-body. That might be something to look into in the future as well.

CheeseIsGood

Dec 26, 2008
Blue devil? i want one in black.....

what is this blue devil you speak of though?

anyone see the rides episode about building the new shelby cobra over at ford.....

i'm a GM guy, and i was pretty freaking impressed. nothing like a one of a kind car with a one of a kind 6.4 liter V10 pulling over 500 HP.

~Nick

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Originally posted by Kyle+Apr 21 2004, 02:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kyle @ Apr 21 2004, 02:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-98 gtp toy@Apr 21 2004, 01:06 AM
Im pretty sure the new one is the Z06 still.  The one to watch out for though is the Ford GT Killer *drueling*, or as GM has nicknamed it the "blue devil".  Talk about mad power, and GM finally deciding to step into the game.  They just better not scrap the project, estimating the blue devil to be $100,000.  Lets see here, cost less than all of the exotic cars with similar hp numbers, and will absolutely destroy them in a race.....Where is the sign up list....Only if I had the money... :(
So its a car called the blue devil? Anymore details? I'd just like to see what they have cooked up.

Also I've heard of the return of the dodge charger entering as dodges mustang or f-body. That might be something to look into in the future as well. [/b][/quote]
puke on chrysler. The charger is supposed to come with the hemi, but if chryslers recent reputation with tranny's hold then it will be spending more time getting repaired than driven. :D BRING BACK THE CAMARO!!!!!

BC

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by sweetness+Apr 23 2004, 04:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sweetness @ Apr 23 2004, 04:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Kyle@Apr 21 2004, 02:40 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-98 gtp toy
@Apr 21 2004, 01:06 AM
Im pretty sure the new one is the Z06 still.  The one to watch out for though is the Ford GT Killer *drueling*, or as GM has nicknamed it the "blue devil".  Talk about mad power, and GM finally deciding to step into the game.  They just better not scrap the project, estimating the blue devil to be $100,000.  Lets see here, cost less than all of the exotic cars with similar hp numbers, and will absolutely destroy them in a race.....Where is the sign up list....Only if I had the money... :(

Also I've heard of the return of the dodge charger entering as dodges mustang or f-body. That might be something to look into in the future as well.
puke on chrysler. The charger is supposed to come with the hemi, but if chryslers recent reputation with tranny's hold then it will be spending more time getting repaired than driven. :D BRING BACK THE CAMARO!!!!!

BC [/b][/quote]
Hey i'm with you, every chrylser i've seen has been junk, I mean my moms interepid newer with way fewer miles on it and driven much eaiser was in the shop a million times more than my gt.

I'm just saying there is no camaro right now. Gotta find a replacement ya know?

Id be willing to give a charger the chance if they made it look awesome, fast, and not break everyday. :p

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Well when gm doesnt have what I'm looking for what choice is there? I mean seriously i dont want aluxury sports car nor will I be able to afford a vette. And that leaves someone in that same situation who wants a sports car in a couple years where? oh yeah going somewhere else. No way will I be caught in a cobalt. or anything compact sport bs like that. I'd drive an evo or something before that one.

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by sweetness+Apr 23 2004, 04:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sweetness @ Apr 23 2004, 04:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Kyle@Apr 21 2004, 02:40 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-98 gtp toy
@Apr 21 2004, 01:06 AM

BC [/b][/quote]
in the new Chrysler 300C with the Hemi V-8, Chrysler is using the same 5 speed automatic found in some of the V-8 AMG models Chrysler has so i believe that it should last a while...

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Well when gm doesnt have what I'm looking for what choice is there? I mean seriously i dont want aluxury sports car nor will I be able to afford a vette.

Yea, I know what you mean. It sux, they got rid of the middle priced sports car. Im going to miss her :( . The trans am was suppose to be my first brand new car. Now I will have to settle for a corvette ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info