3800 My new FWI (****PICS***)

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Thanks alot to ThePizzaAvenger (tom douglass)

THe whole thing took him no more than half hour.

fwi1.jpg

fwi2.jpg

fwi3.jpg

fwi4.jpg

We did not have enough time to paint it. I am probably going to paint it red.

Thanks alot tom :p

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
haha... i did the complete opposite because there is more airflow with this setup.

The angle makes a bend which decreases air flow.

Therefore this is the best home-made setup.

speaking from your studies?

your car doesnt suck enough air to really matter either way, if you had a GTP id put it down in the fender- the cold air is better.

the factory comes with a bend in it, almost every factory intake setup has several bends in them.
colder air is more dense, therefore less cold air is better than more warm air.

and a bigger filter will allow it to suck more air in also. you can fit a much bigger filter in the fender well.

ThePizzaGXP

5.3 liters of stockness
Dec 17, 2008
Carpentersville, IL
Originally posted by xttc2000@Apr 17 2004, 05:34 PM
haha... i did the complete opposite because there is more airflow with this setup.

The angle makes a bend which decreases air flow.

Therefore this is the best home-made setup.

speaking from your studies?

your car doesnt suck enough air to really matter either way, if you had a GTP id put it down in the fender- the cold air is better.

the factory comes with a bend in it, almost every factory intake setup has several bends in them.
colder air is more dense, therefore less cold air is better than more warm air.

and a bigger filter will allow it to suck more air in also. you can fit a much bigger filter in the fender well.
There's a write-up on clubgp showing every technical aspect of this version, vs the typical 90 deg bend.

The straight fwi is prooven the best for a N/A GP, and wouldn't hurt a gtp. ;) The less the restriction (bends), the better. You mentioned how factory systems have bends in them. Why again are we replacing the factory system? :blink: As far as the cold air goes, the filter is entirely sealed off from the engine bay using the roof flange, plus higher up = less chance of sucking water, as well as lesser chance of water-spray. I doubt there's enough temperature difference from the top of the fenderwell to the bottom, if any, to make a difference.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info