3800 How is/was IDDV?

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
Well I guess after Magnus got finished with a run, and was in the return lane someone called him an a**hole and he got out and some words were exchanged between him and zoomer.. and then ZZP and DHP got kicked out.... and steve said charles wasn't even anywhere near ZZP... but steve wasn't 100% sure on all details.

He also said Lisa and fish made it to the 3rd round of brackets.. not sure if they got farther or who won them, thats all he said, paul had to race fish in the second round and fish won that round. I think, it is windy there so it was hard to hear him on the cell.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Very sunburned...And the car is never right I swear. I ran 3 tenths slower than I should have. Didn't even qualify to place, after a drive like that it was very dissapointing. Chrys and I both made too many changes and payed for it in ET. By the time the brackets started I got the car dialed in. Set my dial in .03 faster than my best run. I ended up breking out the first round and ran a PB of 13.72 (only .01 faster). Even after spring blockers and a torque arm couldn't beat a 2.0 60' foot (I didn't see them spray any VHT) so traction wasn't all that great. It was an absolutely gorgeous day though, and it was run well. I'm looking forward to GPG.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
It was fun as hell even though I didnt' race.

Got the see the turbo car run 2 new personal bests including the 10.3....WOW..all I can say

Ed didn't make it to well with the SSEI...well about 20 feet to be exact.

Several others had some problems blowing up diff's.

I'm fried and burned as hell right now.

We left about 9am thursday, met with a couple wisconsin car, then met in indiana with 6 more indy cars. THe convoy was pretty sweet, I know Paul's got lots of pictures of that. THursday night..guess which club was the last one standing. :D

Friday racing..fun, also got to see Justin run his badass car...nice runs there, I'll let him fill ya in.

Friday night, which club was the 1st one started...:D and then the cops showed up and the night ended kinda early, stupid lady at the front desk.

Got up today and left with the ILGPC'ers and the rest of Wisconsin and headed home

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
oh and regarding the drama... basically some very childish behavior from ZZP (wasn't just the issue where a member of ZZP pushed magnus back, also the way ZZP was acting when an Intense car would have a problem ... extremely childish... and this was early in the day, actions were taken to prevent an escalation to the problem... there was a video shot when ZZP pushed Magnus, however I doubt this video was make it on the internet... at least from what I've heard) and innappropriate advertising at an Intense/HP Tuner (HP Tuner was a cosponsor of the event) sponsored event ...

There was also another peice of drama :)

Intense turbo car ran 10.3x@13x mph :D I think I have it on video (as well as several members cars) ... I should have them converted tomorrow

Also Keith's (Magnus) car ran very impressive :) 120mph trap speed and his motor is stock internals (Junk yard LS1, stock heads, cam , rotating assembly, no spray, no power adder) ... he was having traction issues but should have some very impressive (read fastest stock internal LS1 powered F-Body) numbers soon :)

Dream

Addict
Nov 20, 2008
Joliet, IL
Actually, about an hour after everyone went back into the hotel when the cops showed up, guess which club was back outside drinking? :) There were about six of us think...i know it was me, SnM, Jeff, and Paul, but i cant remember who else was out there with us...I think Dole might have been. :)

Also on another note, I would like to send the following thank you's:

SnM, Hale, Tracy, Heidi: for drunken walks around the hotel like 50 times.

Dole: For hiding the coolers of beer behind your car after the cops showed up.

Bumpin: For letting me and SnM hide in your room while the cops were doing halway checks.

Ed: For not drinking all my Southern Comfort. :)

To whoever brought the Bella Luna.

There's more but i really am way too tired to remember. Also, the races were great, everyone got sunburned at least a little, I have at least two runs for every ILGPC car there, and at least one bracket run for every ILGPC car, Justin's car rocked, Intense's was awesome, sorry about the Bonnie Ed-she really sounded good for a little bit, Fish got a new awesome PB, Paul had some sweet runs and matched SnM's PB, Bumpin played manager with LpSpeed until he finally drove his own car down the track, and breakfast this morning was awesome. Great times. :)

And that lady needs to be fired before we go there again....climbing ladders is not against the law....and nothing got broke this time....i think. :)

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
That lady at the front desk was a bitch I agree (no warnings... I even tried to play it off like wow that happened... but we're all cool ... ) but she was doing her job... the "ladders" were on another companys property ... and when the bitch er lady came outside she said something about liability and fence ...

I helped stack a cooler behind someones car .. but not sure whos (was to the left of the "Bang RV" , don't remember the guys name... the other guy w/the vid camera....) but afterwards i opted for bed (I was on 42 hours w/out sleep so the liquor made me a bit more tired than usual :( )

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
i deny that any "ladder" event even happened, lol, that may have been some impaired judgement by all of us. i had a blast though.
leo drove my car all day getting a 14.2 best and then my FIRST time ever racing a FWD car or an Automatic tranny or a car on street tires, i got a 14.1, but i know i WILL win the most improved award for next IDD, lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info