3800 SLP or TOG?

I bought my tog's because when i priced out the difference between the slp and tog's it was roughly the same price. plus i got the tog's while they were on sale, titanium coated for 800 bucks. remember, slp charges for their installation kit. tog's comes with everything you need to install. i heard that some people had problems with the slp's banging in reverse and ticking. the only problem with the tog's was the oil dipstick thing. i just bent it in 2 minutes and it was all good. am i ever going to hit 11's, hell no. but the quality you get from the tog's is awesome!!

Zack

RynosGP

Nov 10, 2008
I have the SLP and I were to do it over I'd get the TOGS. My SLP's hit the firewall in reverse untill I modified my motormounts. There is a constand mysterious exhaust leak :ph34r: . The slip fit pipes that they use suck. I've never seen the TOGS but i'd go with them just cuz there is no way they are worse than the SLP.

Ryan

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by xttc2000@Apr 19 2004, 01:49 PM
actually if i remember what hale said: the new togs moved the collector down farther into the firewall and you need one person underneath turning the bolt to tighten it and one person on top holding them in place. and there isnt much room to turn the wrench.
Yes you do have to do this...........oh well....

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
You can install them with one person...It may be a little eaiser with someone holding the rear up from the bottem...

I cranked the engine all the way forward and layed across the top. The gasket (metal) has 2 tabs that will hold the bolts/gasket together and in place while you position the header.

Be aware that you may have to do a "field adgustment" to the trans dipper.(dipstick) Make sure you get the dipper in place and fitted before you put the crossover pipe in cause you'll never get the dipper mounting bolt started in the trans.

I learned on the ILGPC that if the dipstick rattles/vibrates on the header it can cause some false KR. So take you time and mount everything up nicely. Its not too bad..

Happy tune

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info