3800 need help ASAP

I

imported_GraFFix

Maybe go to sears and get those bits for removing broken studs...you better hope that you dont have to remove the oil pan cause the sub frame has to be dropped to do it :(

I have the same problem on my car ad Miker was supposed to fix it for me when he had the subframe off to do the trans...well he didnt and all he did was tighten up a bolt or 2 and its still leaking...

So maybe we need a sub frame dropping and oil pan gasket mod day :(

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Quik fix time!!! This is just a suggestion - it may not work, bear that in mind! RTVRTVRTV, Get some RTV and glob it around the areas that are leaking, it's not a highly pressurized area, and you may be able to get away with it. After it dries completely, you need to beat on it braking, accelerating, and cornering. That way you can see if the oil will ride up the pan and leak. Yes, it is a lame way to fix it. But it will get you to and from the race. The blue stuff (not ultra blue) dries the fastest and works best for oil pans and water jackets. Good luck, I'll be thrashing on my car all night too.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
ahhh the gasket, yes that would be the reason. Even though i wouldnt suggest it, I was able to change my gasket without dropping the subframe. I just lifted the engine as high as I could, and lubed up the sides of the oil pan and slid the sucker out. But this is suppose to put a lot of stress on the tranny and other parts ( i didnt know at the time when i did it....forever ago). Just a thought.

Edit, if you can get the bolt out, I would just go with what ron said and use rtv on the old gasket for now and then worry about changing it later....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info