3800 G/F does not like racing...

I'm expressing my woe for a recent event while I was racing a S2000 who thought his car was the fastest thing on this earth my G/F started to freak out. She was yelling at me to stop, so I did, and when I asked her what was the matter she said there are cops all around.

Well, she was alittle bit pissed after that, and I continued to ask her what her deal is she said nothing, even though I know it had to of bothered her.

Needless to say while in the heat of the race I was pulling on him until I shut it down, the guy still pulled away because I stopped. What a good race it would have been too. I only got through one gear and was in the process of going into the next when the screaming began.

What everyone elses take on this?? Don't know if I can deal with a anit-racing G/F.... j/k :p :D

Originally posted by CoolGTX@Apr 13 2004, 06:11 PM
if this is the same g/f i met, she is cool. only race without her if it bothers her now. ;) defintly not worth the headaches.
No, she has been gone for awhile, this is a new one. The one you net was cool as all hell about it, she went out with me street racing, sat there and watched everytime I went to the track, and met me cheering after every run, sat outside everytime I worked on the car even in the frigid cold, and went to mod days, and even went out and we bought that 98 GTP daytona pace car and modded it for her.

Wait maybe I was just spoiled with the last one :D but come on, not liking a good ole fashion street race??

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
I've had both kinds of gf's the kind that tell me to "catch up to that ricer *** and smoke his ass" and she was always giggling and havin a good time when i'd race someone and Ive also had the ones that think I'm a moron for it.

I prefered the first one better, the reltationship lasted alot longer actually. Not saying racing had anything to do with it.

I think your just going to have to not race with her in the car man. Its easiest that way.

Originally posted by syP@Apr 13 2004, 06:22 PM
try not racing with her?
LOL... you know right after the race I was pondering that... but then I thought what if she is already with me??? I then picture myself reaching across and grabbing her doorhandle from the inside, and shoving her out of the car right before we race. But then I also imagined her face when I would come back around to pick her up.

Yeah.... umm... that thought didn't really seem to fly, I crossed that one off the list.

But it wold be funny though... not only no bitching, but at the same time I save some weight :eek: .... j/k!!!!!!! :D :lol:

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
You got to train her. Thats the only way. My girl freaked out the first couple times, but then you play the "dont you trust me" :D card. Oh yea, kills them everytime. They are practically obligated to say "yes, I trust you" and thats when you just build on it...."what are you afraid of, if you trust me?", etc..etc..etc. My girl now wants me to take her to the track and wants me to race other cars when she is with me. Of couse they wont let you think that you changed her.....it will be something like..."oh well i was just use to my ex's and how bad of drivers they were".

So believe me...play the "trust" card. ;)

Originally posted by alexgtp@Apr 14 2004, 09:50 AM
JAred.. Give her 2 bottles of WINE!! GPG STYLE..LOL!!
No Alex, the "wino" as you all kindly referred to her as is the last G/F.... this one can't be bought off as easy :D :D Although she does seem to get stupid dumb under the influence.

GPG 02 rocked BTW... even with the car on jack stands for the first day and a half I would do it all over again.

I

imported_Theautoguy

While my wife and I were dating, after I knew I was going to marry her, though it was before I asked, I bought her the IROC 350. It didn't take long before she would sheepishly tell me little racing stories until she stopped giving me the "look" when i get a bit unruley.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info