3800 Head Gasket Part #'s

jet, it is my understanding that the 9089PT is for both sides. I dont think it is a right/left like the tri-metals or the MLS gaskets.

here is the GM number but it is for a full gasket set.... 12539091
here is the felpro full set (trimetal): HS9089PT2
Here is the felpro full sett (trimetal) minus SC and valvestem seals: HS9089PT

HTH

Chrys

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
The felpro 9089PT just doesnt look reversible though! Definately different surfaces on top and bottom. And the metal rings are formed differently on the top and bottom.

Murrays has a set (special order - should be in tomorrow) left and right. It's not felpro - some company that starts with R.

Bumming me out. Damm. I want to drive my car again.

Ya, I know ZZP sells them for $34 each plus shipping. I got this one for $24. I like to shop, but sometimes it costs me a lot of time.

Thanks for the info Chrys.

J.E.T.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
I ordered the left side from Murays. I don't think its right though. It says it's for VIN K (GT right?) and there was no listing for 3.8SC. GT and GTP heads the same?

ZZP doesnt list left or right.

Carquest has left and right - 3-4 days wait.

I'm going to stop at NAPA tomorrow.

J.E.T.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Just posting to conclude this thread. Thanks to all that responded.

I ended up using Felpro 9089PT both BOTH left and right heads. (You were correct Chrys.) On the right side, the arrows pointed corrected. Using the gasket on the left side, the arrow points a OTHER direction. If you ever end up using Felpro's, you will understand why I chose to point the arrow in the wrong direction.

Murrays: All they have is one listing for 3800 II and its for the GT
NAPA: No listing for GTP
Autozone: They carry Felpro 9098PT and the Head gasket Kit
Dealers: They dont sell the gasket separately. You have to by the gasket kit.
PartsPLus: Lists the 9098PT for the GTP
ZZP: Zoomer said 9098PT for both sides.

I've now got 500miles on my new L32 heads with Felpros and no head gasket problems thus far.

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info