3800 Question for NE1 who's installed the F-body brakes

LowenhartGTP

Jan 8, 2008
Alright, thanks fellas. When I do install them, I want to power bleed my brakes out. Chrys has that power bleeder and said he'd be more than happy to help me, but he won't be ready to until after IDD. Wish I could do them sooner, but then again if I order the brakes now, they will probably be here after he comes back, I guess.

I

imported_GraFFix

Alfredo put these on his car at the mod day this past weekend..I think everything went fine but he did have a rubbing issue when he test drove it.

I dont know if he fixed it or found out what the problem was. Maybe he can chime in here and give you some info on that.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
hmm... didnt think of the lines rubbing have to check that out and yes the line are not short short but it is streched alittle I had to bend the bracket to give the line some slack.

Other then that I like the braking power might have to do the brake bleed as well. Micky can you hook it up at your boys place? and how much?

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
make sure to get the ss lines. They are longer then stockers and you will need the extra length.Plus they add to the braking experiance. One thing you can do is use a baster and pull the fluid out of the master cyclinder and put in fresh fluid.Then just bleed each line till new stuff comes out.

Hale helped install these on my car and they are great so far. I'm about finished braking them in and did a few harder stops today and they feel REAL good. A few more miles and I will do some real hard braking. These are definately sweet. I have the SS lines like Hale said and if you get these it's probably a good idea to go with those lines. The little bit extra length they have definately helps.

Thanks again Hale for helping with them.

Mark

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
thanks anyways Micky, oh and the SS lines are not shorter than stock where did I say that? :unsure: I said that because the way the lines are postioned on the caliper it pulles on it so if you did use stock line there would be now way to use them unless you took away the bracket that holds them. Sometimes I dont make sense.. ;) :lol:

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by LowenhartGTP@Apr 14 2004, 05:38 PM
Oh and Fredo, about my guy's place and the brake bleeding, I wish!  He doesn't have a power bleeder there, but he does have a lift so you wouldn't have to take your tires off.  Chrys is going to help me bleed my brakes with his power bleeder but I have to wait until he gets back from IDD.
come over tomm, and we can fit you in... ;) EARLY

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info