3800 New hood, pics inside...

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
CF hood is on. There was only a small snafu in in the lengthh of the hood latch, The bodyshop even put the hood struts on it.
The hood is great quality and I have had many compliments on it already.
Now I am onto putting the rest of the parts on my car. I will also be doing the f body brake setup, I just have to find the right yellow.
What do you guys think of the hood. I plan on going to the mod day to meet more of you.

Joe A

f915dd28.jpg.orig.jpg

f915dd27.jpg.orig.jpg

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Apr 9 2004, 06:35 PM
Looks like zanarinas rice...... :(
SWEEEEEETT>... The body kit is not for everyone. I personally like it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But this car is not all show, I am going to rip out things that dont match currently and try to keep everything clean. The car is also debadged, if people dont know its a GTP, they sure get a suprise when they try to race and find out what the car is made of.
I will also have snoop instal my TOG's in the coming weeks, then put on my 3.25 gut out or make a new box (I have a sheet of poly to cut up still) and put in my new exhaust ,then have charles get me a pcm. I will later in the year add a cam. I look forward to seeing everyones motors. I know there are a lot heavily modded cars in the IL area.
Right now for the engine I only have a 3.4 pulley, gp store pcm and intense gen II LSD.

But back to the hood. The car used to have the SD hood, http://www.aedcentral.com/gen3.html
That also looked badass. I really like the hood, I bought it for looks. The underneith can let air flow a little bit better over the engine compartment, but nothing like the mpd hood. The f1 hood in general looks good. I have seen it on quite a few cars.
The hoods that are being manufactured now are a lot better quality now then they used to be.

I

imported_GraFFix

Looks good dude, got to love the F1 hood...but then again im biast cause i have one also :)

I love the molding taken off the doors though...mine will be off soon i hope.

I saw your car at caspers mod day and i liked it..the body kit looks good...the way i look at it if you like it then who cares what others think. dont worry about the rice comments from people. <_<

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
The "purpose" of carbon fiber is that it weighs a lot less. I like the hood, but not the bumper. Ive always thought grand prixs looked best with everything rounded. Not sharp edges like the bumper has, but thats my opinion. I give you props for not just throwing something together, and at least making it look clean.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info