3800 Monthly Mod Days

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
Does anybody else agree that maybe having TWO mod days a month would be a good idea? Even if its a matter of everyone getting together and shooting the sh*t, doesn't TWO days sound better? I work FT at Best Buy and sometimes it's really hard to get these weekends off, but if there were TWO chances a month, some of us would probably have a better chance to make it. Sorry, I'm just speaking aloud... anyone agree/disagree? ideas? B)

gtp3.jpg

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Originally posted by xttc2000@Apr 9 2004, 11:36 AM
the vw/audi club meets up every thursday night at portillos in downers weather permitting. its always a good time.

would you want to set up something like this?
LOL... so that is what that is... i showed up there one night looking for ricers to race, and my friend said that alot of "krauts" hang out at portilios... what do you know i pull in there and see all these VW. so i am in Turbobrick;s volvo with him and he asks if anyone wants to race... and their dumb german remark was "Do you guys like anal?" I was trying to find out if that was a club or what.

none-the-less, i would be interested in 2 a month. I wish i could host one, but no parking anywheres :(. Keep it updated.

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
I think it's a great idea to have two gatherings a month. Maybe one could be a Mod Day and the other be a BBQ day and do horse shoes, bags, volley ball and crap like that, we could even do that at the forest preserves if no one has a house available.

I think a cruise night would be pretty cool too. I guess we would have to set up destinations. The draw back would be that most of us would want to cruise from bar to bar and that could get ugly.

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
B) ;) :D

Hunterdogs Idea of a Cruise Night is good, however don't ever plan to have us ride through downtown Naperville, stupid cops created a "No Cruising" time from may 1st through october 1st, haha! So Gay!!

The weekly meeting Idea at a restaurant like Portillos is good too. When ThePizzaAvenger and myself were in ASOG (Avenger Sebring Owners Group) we use to meet up at Hooter's of Woodfield and that was always fun! We even got the girls to come out and check out our rides and snap pics, haha!

The forest preserve Idea is good too, you usually dont need a permit to host a gathering there and with most having BBQ pits, that could prove to be a fun time too!

POST more ideas here and let's hear what you guys think! My main reason for wanting more then ONE mod day or gathering is cause SOME of us work TOO many friggin hours to find a day off... you know?!!

Thanks,

gtp3.jpg

ThePizzaGXP

5.3 liters of stockness
Dec 17, 2008
Carpentersville, IL
I'd be more than happy to host a mod day. Just need to have someone worthy of installing stuff each time, as I'm new to gp's. I'm off every other weekend.

My driveway/street is plenty big to park alot of cars, and a well-lit garage/workshop to work in. The place isn't too hard to find, either, about 5 miles off I-90 in the NW burbs. Bumpin and syP can attest.

I just gotta re-assure my old man that you aren't all gonna steal our tools. :lol:

ThePizzaGXP

5.3 liters of stockness
Dec 17, 2008
Carpentersville, IL
Oh, another thing...

I'm VERY good friends with the owner of a local fast-food, chicago-style sandwich place. He's been trying for two years each summer to get a car-show goin. Great location, the cops don't bother anyone (he hooks them up with a 50% discount. :lol: ), and I could find out if he could offer a small discount for those involved.

Perhaps anyone would be interested in that, as well....?

Originally posted by Mikes1998GTP@Apr 13 2004, 07:27 PM
don't ever plan to have us ride through downtown Naperville, stupid cops created a "No Cruising" time from may 1st through october 1st, haha!  So Gay!!
That law has been in effect for several years, now. It's because so many people from every surrounding town come over to do nothing, and clog up the streets. In the summer time (when schools out, and all the board, rich Naperville kids have nothing to do), it literally takes about 5 minutes per stop sign to get past each one due to the amount of people crossing streets, and the fact that people in cars will LITERALLY stop right there in the middle of the street and have conversations with friends they spot. This town needs a good, hard slap in the face with the reality stick. Boy are these kids in for a suprise when the real world comes calling and they run into people like me who don't take their s*** like their sissy parents do. ;)

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
:) :) :)

Herrick Lake would be a good choice to hold any bbq's... i would of suggested Blackwell FP (the one with the huge hill, haha) but considering that one actually has staff that watch it regularly, I'm guess that would be a no...

Tom's place IS pretty big, I think that would be a great place to meet up and then head over to that sandwich place from there, it'd be like free advertising for the restaurant. Would be really cool if say like we found a huge a** parking lot and could have like 103.5 KISS FM or B96 there hosting it, then I'm sure TONS of girls would come, haha!

Lastly, I still think Hooter's isn't that bad of a meeting place, however a Portillo's would probably be easier on everyones budget. Anyone ever rented out DuPage Country Fairgrounds before? I'd be interested in checking that out, charge maybe $4 or $5 to get in there to help pay for the park, everyone could bring BBQ's and I'm sure someone has DJ connections of some sort, might be a fun idea... I could definitely see a radio station coming then, haha! "Chicagoland ILGPC Day", haha!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info