3800 12" upgrade or F-Body upgrade for BRAKES???

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by LowenhartGTP@Apr 9 2004, 09:24 AM
Hey Steve and Fredo, these just simply bolt right up to the car, just as the stock set-up would? And what's the difference between the methods that he sells them as?
no they dont bolt right up, if you look at the link to clubgp RatRacer modifies them to fit are cars he drills and retaps them.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
these just simply bolt right up to the car, just as the stock set-up would? And what's the difference between the methods that he sells them as?

Actually they will just bolt up, if you buy the kit from him. He sells two different kits, each are just a different way to enlarge the hole that is needed for a direct bolt on. If you bought the brackets from a junkyard, or brand new ones, then you would have to do one of the two methods that he has.

Also, SnM you can get the brackets from a junkyard. You would have to contact them for the price.

ThePizzaGXP

5.3 liters of stockness
Dec 17, 2008
Carpentersville, IL
I've got 'em on my car. Highly reccomended over stock, hands down. I have no brake-fade anymore... ever. Even during a hard stop from about 105- just a lovely bendix smell. :lol:

Fbody bolts are 12x 1.5 and ours are 14 x 2.0. Just gotta have someone drill 'em larger, and re-tap the holes. Everything else bolts right up, brake lines included (use the GP lines).

103-DSC01034.JPG

Yummy. (pardon my road grime :ph34r: )

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Sorry, im a little confused. MC? You can get 12" caliper mounting brackets right from GM. I believe the bolt right up with your stock hardware. I will double check this and post the P.N. for the brackets if the do. If you want to order the brackets you can through me and get 30% off list.
The rotors are up to you. You could go with the 12" regular GM ones or option for the 12" crossdrilled or slotted KVR's from 3800Performance.com

I bought everything as a kit from 3800. I believe its all bolt on. You can get the brackets from him for $50 a piece. I did check GM for my pricing yet. Might be able to save a few $ there. If anyone is interested I'll call cause I already have them.

If you drill and tap....Make sure its staight...

Fredo, you saw this at my house. Remember.

MCSS

Jan 1, 2008
Originally posted by mybluegtp@May 2 2004, 11:43 AM
Yea I saw the KVR but I seen this guy that sells all for drilled and slotted for about 200.00 and they are good quality but I want to know if the rotors that go on the monte carlos (MC) the rear ones would fit on are cars? I know the front will.
Yes, they are the exact same size as GP rotors. If you want to upgrade to the 12" OE Monte rotors all you need to do is buy the new caliper brackets and rotors. The calipers are exactly the same.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by MCSS+May 5 2004, 08:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MCSS @ May 5 2004, 08:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mybluegtp@May 2 2004, 11:43 AM
Yea I saw the KVR but I seen this guy that sells all for drilled and slotted for about 200.00 and they are good quality but I want to know if the rotors that go on the monte carlos (MC) the rear ones would fit on are cars?  I know the front will.
Yes, they are the exact same size as GP rotors. If you want to upgrade to the 12" OE Monte rotors all you need to do is buy the new caliper brackets and rotors. The calipers are exactly the same. [/b][/quote]
Thanks, I have the upgrade already plus the twin piston calipers, just want to get the whole set instead of just asking for front MC rotors and rear GP rotors. :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info