3800 Head Job ...

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Last person I know of that ported their heads with a dremel had extremely imbalanced flow, which caused their motor to blow 2 weeks after reinstalling the heads. The performance sucked major ass.

I was talking to the guys at AES (Automotive Engine Specialties) in Elk Grove, and they said porting around the bolt holes or something was the most "bang for buck." They were doing it for $350 for both heads. I believe a full P&P was a decent amount more. For all the GT guys, milling the heads for higher compression is only $40/side.

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
well you could go 5 angle or 3 angle pro. Also hardened seats and bigger valves. There is a ton more a good place to look at all the options out there is Thrashers website they have a price list for everything they do for the heads and you can have your heads custom from them. Or you could take that list and pick what you want and see what a local shop would charge you for them. I'm running C-Ya racing heads and love them. He has it setup for a cnc machine now so turn around shouldn't be all that bad. Once he gets back into the ball game.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info