3800 My custom gauge pod

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Well, I went ahead and bought some guauges the other day. Got the Autometer Z-series tranny temp, oil pressure, and boost gauge. Keeping with my hope of having a sleeper, i decided to make my own gauge pod that didnt show my gauges off to people oustide of the car. So I built a 3 hole gauge pod for the cubby in front of the shifter. I made it from plexiglass, fiberglass, black paint, and the autometer angle rings. It's a lil rough since this is only my second time working with fiberglass and I didnt want to spend countless hours on it. But I think it turned out well. I know its not original but what do you think?

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Id do something similar, but I have a thing about looking down at gauges while im doing 100mph...heh

Yea, ive thought about that before, but there are usually only two reasons that im at 100+. Im either racing.....and looking at gauges while racing doesnt help you win. Or Im all alone on the road....so plenty of time to look at gauges and pray that a deer doesnt decide to get acquainted with my front end.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
This actually didnt take to long. If I would have spent more time on it, then it would have looked better, but thats only upclose. It serves its purpose and looks decent. I probably spent less than 5 hrs on it. Plus I had a dremel tool. Those things are a definite time saver. I've always got some time of do-it-yourself project that I am planning out or doing. This time, I actually got time to do it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info