Valvesprings: VSS-105
CompCams Valvespring Retainers
Retainers: VRS-774-Steel
Thermostat Gasket
TST-1x0 INTENSE™ High Performance Thermostats
Thermostat: TST-180
ZZP Polyurethane Upper Motor Mounts

Total..$882.88 :eek:

My ? is should i order the above and install it first, or should I order and install TOGS first? To me it seems that the TOGS will be the basis of eliminating a lot of KR so i will be able to run the 3.20 pulley, so im thinking that i should purchase the TOGS first, then after i pay those off order the rest of the engine stuff. What do you guys think?

--Adam

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
DANGER DANGER!!

Just get the INTENSE MODULAR PULLEY and Gatorback belt And TOGS!!.
ANd the 180 thremostat.

What do you need an 02 sim? Are you removing the CAT?
Or is your R/T d/P thriwing the code?

Everything else is not needed. If you plan on doing springs retainers and pushrods. DO A CAM!! do it right the first time...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Togs won't get rid of KR, check out the general forum on ClubGP. There is a good bit of info about it. They will help though. It's really the combination of parts you choose that does it. With that list of mods you could get away with ported mani's. I run ported mani's with no rockers and a 3.25 and see 0KR, but it takes some tuning. You'd think with the 14lbs of boost I see, KR would be high. For kicks, I did a super modified '97 TB to '99 maf that flows like Niagara falls. My first untuned pass saw 9pts of KR. After a little tuning with the AFC and the airfoil before the MAF, am now back to 0KR with no other modifications.

I

imported_GraFFix

If your planning on doing rockers just get the rockers and the oil restricted pushrods...

if your planning on getting springs and retainers then just get the cam....

SNM sells aluminum motor mounts...get those before you pay for ZZP's

a 180* thermostat can be bought at any autoparts store...for 5 bucks or so

if you can i would say get the togs first then go for the little stuff...its alot easier to pay 100-200 here and there then it is to toss out 800+ in one shot...if you have the cash and are going to be taking the car further then get togs out of the way ASAP...its taken me almost 2 years to get the cash for togs since i was always buying a 100 dollar part here and 200 dollar part there...

what about a DHP also?

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
$882.00.........Get a cam 1x,2, or I like the X-P Hot cam.....rockers wear out you valve guides faster...You can go to Pep-Boys and size up your own belt cheaper...they have a good stock of sizes...TOG's first. No sense pushing more i if you cant get it out......aka..Boost stacking..

You can get away with a 3.25 with minor mods...DP, fan relays, 160* stat, remove the under hood insulation....You must use a Tap to monitor your KR.....It seems some engines are more predisposed to KR due to mass production.

Fredo is running a 3.25" with ported manifolds, Ron's TB, T-stat, and a PCM (I think)...He saw 2-3* of KR.....Then he ran his tank down and filled a 1/4 with 100 octane......Drove it for a while and walla...) 0KR...

Does this mean we have to fill our tanks with staight Gas City 100 @ $350per gal...Nope, (maybe at the track) I still think he is blending 1:3....or a 1/4 tank of 100 to 1/2 of 93...You need to monitor KR with a Tap or equivelent...When the temp changes you have to stay on top of it and recheck your KR often. You can tune or blend KR out...
Forget canned/bottled boosters...They dont work. You need more volume. Toleen' is good but methol alcohol is better..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info