3800 Someone plese point me to info about the IC

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
Price for a complete kit will be under 1k atleast that is his plan. This intercooler is as good as it gets lots of work went into making this the best intercooler out there. Another good selling point is that if you have an aftermarket hood you don't have to cut it up. That was Brians number one aproach. We took an ilgpc ic out for a few high test runs and the IC was around 106 degs. And 92 deg right above the core. There are now 14 IC's out there now and everyone is loving it so far.

I cut my rails but i could get them to work, so i got thrasher rails. I couldnt get the injectors to seal up in the rail. They leaked at the top where the injector plugs in the rail. I messed with them for a couple of hours a then called thrasher. For me 500.00 is cheap insurance, i guess.

Dude if you want a ic this is the kit to get.

Carl

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
I like LP3800's core...Nice stuff....The only other one I would recomend in the MAP..IC. Forget the ZZ Ford heater core...Ive heard complaints on it.

MAP will also customize you IC as well...He accomidated a 04 L32 IC core for my MP112 set up....I should be on display at mod day Sat. Mike is a great guy to deal with...I like that they got 2 years of testing on it...

You can see pics of the MAP IC @ 3800Performance.com...$1300 with a modifyed manifold...You can UPS yours in and skip the $100 core charge if you wish.

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
Yea the zzp did test better. I want to see numbers from the zzp to the ILGPC IC. I have a feeling that they will be very close, and thats why numbers haven't come out yet.

Just to show you how good it works. Installed one in Paul's car this weekend we made 7 100 mph passes with 0kr this with only a 3.4 because he had a ton of air in the lines still. The whole time had 0kr so we head back home I pull out the temp gun and take some temps. The top of his sc is 88 deg... So about 10 min later we decide to test my car. Well I have no IC and my car sat for the last 3 plus hours and my temps were still at 98 deg.lol

Today we install the very sweet looking Intense mps and throw on the 3.0 pulley. Now he has rockers and a Jim muffler exhaust system. Stock manifolds, no cam, no head work. He runs the 3.0 for the first two passes and see's 0kr. On the 3 and 4th passes his kr came up a little 1.3 deg. Still not bad, on about his 7th pass or so he seen a most of 2.04 kr and still 14.5 deg of advance timing.

I would say that his IC is working great.

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
Chrys White from HPP did the test on zzp's supercharger test stand. Outlet temps were monitored for the air and water. The did these as open systems,then Mike bitched and said the system needs to be a closed system. So when Chrys did it he set it up as a closed system.

Paul is running a 2.8 gpm pump with 1in. ID hose (thats as small as a pump that I would run with hose that thick.)

And Thalord is running a 6 gpm pump with the same hose.

Pauls system took awhile to bleed through correctly but he now has no air in the system. And it seems to be flowing great.

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
Ron the believed reason on why the map IC didn't fare so well is cause its a straight through system. While the ZZP and ILGPC is a feed and return system.(if that is what its called.)

What is happening is that the ZZP and ILGPC IC are flowing the same water through waterpasses that are twice as long so they are removing more heat. I think if you use a slower pump with the map you can see some better gains with it.

XTC why don't you and your brother run by my place this weekend and i'll take a look at the system and see if I see something wrong or that needs to be changed. I'm in Aurora also what front heat exchanger are you using?

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
He is running the radiator that I provide for the systems. that is weird that the same set up and material would bleed thru to your blower, but no one else's. Did you use 2 gaskets for the install of just the form a gasket?
Not calling you a liar, just weird. The blower should be nice and cold.

jmdz06

Dec 19, 2008
ok, so what can you tell me about the install process...any hitches encountered? anything i should be wary about? what kind of modifications to the car will need to be made etc?
i saw some pics of the ic a while back, but the weren't the biggest or easiest to see so i was also wondering if someone can provide me with some nice close-up pics of the IC after install and if possible, during the install. if anyone could also post or email me the directions for the install, i'd greatly appreciate that too.

any other opinions about the performance of the IC would be great too.

i just want to know all i can about it!
thanks

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
can you pm me your number hale? i work sat, but sunday and friday im free all day, and jon is a bum so hes always free.

and brian, im not sure what jon pmd you but i think hes giving you some mis-relayed information.
lets keep it off the boards.

also we used the gaskets you provided him with.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info