3800 Burt's GTP Goes Down !

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
i truly could not beleive it . a 97 Eagle Talon (TURBO) whooped my ass tonight . he would not tell me all of what he had done but he had a 3" of the turbo full exhaust and "turbo" work done. i dont want to make excuses but i have BALD tires and crap load of stereo shit in the back . (i guess thats making excuses ) it almost makes me want to sell the car thinking that i got beat by a 2.0 litre 4 cylinder .

i jumped him off the line but after we got going he caught up , then i pulled a little ... after he grabed 2nd he passed me . :blink: i was like WTF ??? the rest of the way he was 1/2 car on me until 100 MPH. then we shut em down. then being the glutten for punishment that i am , i said lets do it again ... i jumped him off the line..again... but right when he was gettin ready to make his move he missed 2nd :lol: .. then we kinda mutually shut em down . so i either need to spend some $$$ or i need a new ride .

any sympathy is welcomed .

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Yeah, some of the stuff they can do is not cool.

I just raced a stick NA 4cyl Eclipse (same year as yours)...no spray or anything. I was shocked when I found it hard to catch up to him. I spot him a car AND a hit (i go after he goes), but it was almost like slow-motion when I passed him. He said his car was stock with an intake and that his 2nd gear didnt work, but I dont see it possible for a 4cyl eclipse being stock and going extremely low 15s w/o using 2nd gear.

Either way, I made $40 off of it :)

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
You gotta watch out for some of those DSM's. My buddies got a 97 eclipse it looks bone stock except for the huge fart pipe, but he's got a whole different intake, blow-off valve, new fuel pump that comes stock in a 3000GT VR4 and the TT Supra's and he just put a new turbo in there to, he said all he's gotta do is change the fuel injectors and do something else small and he's in the 12's.

JIm

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
my bro has a 91 Talon TSI AWD with about 10K into the drivetrain... it looks stock except for the exhaust but he runs 11's in the quarter mile!! :eek: he had a special tranny built for him by John Sheppard. he drives a Talon that runs mid 8's in the quarter mile!! :D not to bad for a little 4 banger!! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info