3800 Is this a BIG problem?

GTP

Feb 12, 2008
Well I was driving along today with my friend and he wanted to see how fast my car really was so I accelerated hard and nothing weird happens, everything seems fine...Then I accelerated hard again a few minutes later, but this time I floored it completely...the first time i only accelerated 70% throttle which was plenty of power! :D But anyways, the second time i floored it to 100% throttle, WOT, and something weird happened...From a stop my car accelerated fine until it reached 40mph on WOT and after 40mph power was being reduced very rapidly, hard to explain by writing. You could actually hear my supercharger from being a loud whine to a not so loud whine after 40mph at WOT, and if i kept it at WOT 100% throttle after 40mph it would just accelerate sloowly. Same thing would happen if I was going lets say 20mph and then floored it 100%. Its weird cause I tried it again but only this time gave it about 70% throttle, like the first time, so i wasnt completly flooring it. Ran just fine...Now heres the killer, after accelerating hard numerous times in a short amount of time to try to see what the problem was, my engine was getting pretty hot, needle above the middle on temp, and the rpms on my car were really high! When I put it in Park, my car idled at about 1900RMPs. In Drive it idled at about 12-1300RPMs. In Nuetral it idled at about 18-1900RPMs..This happend to me before but I didnt think it was a problem because the next day my car would be fine, and idle around 600rpms. Really weird :unsure: :huh: I dont know if this is a BIG problem or a small one :( I know its hard to understand what my problem is from this post but if anyone is willing to stop by and check out my car, I would greatly appreciate it. I live in Lincolnwood. PM me if anyone could stop by sometime this week

Thanks ~Dan

GTP

Feb 12, 2008
I have a 3.4in pully and the belt is a gator back belt..as for the size im not sure but I bought it online a while ago and made sure it was for the 3.4 in pully..i got it from a store online that specialized in GTPs, it was called i think performance motor sports or somthing like that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info