3800 New mod questions.. More bad news

Whats up everyone, well over the weekend the gp was in the garage receiving some nice performance parts....i bought,
3 msd coils
8.5 msd wires
and autolite double plantium plugs
I also finished my custom cold air intake.

Now, i pulled out the old shitty plugs and found out they where overgapped by about .010, holy crap?!?!?!? might i mension, installing those plugs and wire in the back of the engine was thee worst job....GOD, but she needed it big time...all right, well after installing all that and spending 400 bucks i decided to put new brakes all the way around...after finishing that i decided to paint the calipers with some gloss bright red paint....looks awesome now... i took my baby out for a nice cruise down shick and found the top end power was improved greatly while going 80 mphs, i was very impressed....well today i finished my custom cold air intake, very similar to thrashers, but custom and heat sheilded...well, went out for a test drive wit that baby one,....i was impressed even more, i got 1 more full pound of boost, insted of boosting 10, i am now boosting 11, sometimes it went almost to 12.....

Do you guys think that lowered my KR? i hope so....

Bad news, at 90 mph, SOMETIMES she starts julting with the power and the SC is going from 0 to 5 very fast then back to 0, and so on.....is the pcm proged to do that? Then some times, it boost to 10 or 11 constant threw 80 and even 90 to a 100...whats with that....i know everyone is telling me to atap it...but is there anyone around the bloomingdale area that has one? i know gtphale offered, but sorry to say, hes in aurora....
But does ANYONE know what that could be?

Lataz

I

imported_Ron Vogel

It might be a faulty maf reading, or a leak by your 02 sensor. The computer is used to seeing a certain maf reading for a given rpm, and can cause symptoms similar to this if it doesn't. the only other thing to watch for are belt slipping on the SC, or the back spark plug wire by the 02 sensor is laying on it causing crossfiring.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Instead of buying all these neat "mods", I think the first thing anyone that is going to mod their car should by is an Autotap or an LS1M. Otherwise, you're going about this blindly.

My guess is you are running a lot of knock, but my guess is as good as anyones. An Autotap would tell you what is actually happening.

this may not even be the case but i know on my car my boost gauge was showing a MAX of 4psi when i usually hit about 10 or so...turns out i had some major belt slippage issues. checkt the snout of the sc, if u see alot of black shit that rubs off on your finger, more than likely its the belt slipping..that might accound for the boost going back and forth between 5 and 0. just a thought

edit: damn, beat me to it :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info