3800 CB

CheeseIsGood

Dec 26, 2008
well, i just put in the CB that my dad had around his house, because a lot of my friends use it and it's a nice way to contact one another.......

anybody else have one? especially in the bloomingotn normal area.....what channel if so? mabye we should dedicate an ILGPC channel to go to if someone wants to contatc another form the club????

for those hwo have them, where do you have it mounted (i'd like to see pics), i'm still trying to figure it out. where did you put the antenna too?

i dunno, i'm kind of exited about this.....

~Nick

BlkJak

Regular
Jan 19, 2009
La Salle
They make one that can mount under the front seat and the controls are on the Mic. I was thinking about that since I drive trucks also. Plus, for the antenna, you can turn your radio antenna (the rear window mounted antenna/rear defroster) can be turned into your CB antenna. Check JC Whitney or a good CB shop.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
I'm not in the bloomington area but I have one in my trans am... it's one where all the controls are in the handset... when i'm not using it it's in my glovebox... it's a cobra unit I believe... got it about 2 years ago

It's been lots of fun so far :) Especially when going to US41 in a large caravan.. I hear at least once every caravan from a trucker "I hope they're not street racing" or "looks like fast and furious" :(

I reply back correcting them and instructing them we're heading to a sanctioned track to race legally... but I don't have much of a sending distance...

It's also saved us (caravan ) twice on long trips... since when in a caravan we almost all have 2 way radios (talk abouts) ... I generally have my police scanner and CB Radio on... every once in a while I'll check for smokeys... twice I've gotten wind of some cops ahead from truckers and was able to radio ahead to everyone else to slow down :)

CheeseIsGood

Dec 26, 2008
awsome....part of the reason i got it is so that i cna use it as a sort of radar detector on long trips......

i was thinking there would be a way to wire it into my radio antenna, but will that interfere with the radio?

i also kind of want to jsut have the huge antenna sticking off the back though....with my car debadged, you never know who's going to think i'm an unercover cop (till they look in the window and see a punk 17 year old :rolleyes:

isn't there a general channel that everyone uses too? like 16 or something?

thanks.....

~Nick

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
Originally posted by CheeseIsGood@Mar 30 2004, 12:08 AM
awsome....part of the reason i got it is so that i cna use it as a sort of radar detector on long trips......

i was thinking there would be a way to wire it into my radio antenna, but will that interfere with the radio?

i also kind of want to jsut have the huge antenna sticking off the back though....with my car debadged, you never know who's going to think i'm an unercover cop (till they look in the window and see a punk 17 year old :rolleyes:

isn't there a general channel that everyone uses too? like 16 or something?

thanks.....

~Nick
i think channel 19 is the truck drivers channel, if you're looking for cops pay attention to that one

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info