3800 Ricer boy gets taken down by the Law

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
My buddy picked me up last night at about 10:30 and we went up to the taco bell over on 159th and 94th. So we were sitting in his car eatin our food and there were a bunch of kids next to us with there lights on and systems pounding and stuff, but there was a dark blue Maxima next to us and his corner lights were strobe lights and he had them on and they were bright as hell. But anywho were jsut about to leave and mister police man pulls up infront of the Maxima and tells the kid to come over by him. He tells the kid to go turn that shit off and that he could have his car towed, him fined and put in jail for impersanating a police officer(which is true, cause undercover cops have them corner strobes) So he tells the kid to get his lisence, the kid comes back with a ticket from last year and told the cop he forgot his liscence at home, so the cop told him to go get his insurance card. He didn't have that either. So the cop gets out of his car and gets the lisence plate and an undercover pulls up and he makes the kid turn the lights back on to show him as he said "his pretty lights". Then the cop tells the kid, i'm gonna right you a ticket for no Liscence, no insurance, and no front plate. then the kid said something but i didn't hear and the cops like you know what, get in your car and follow me to the police station. And that was the end, me and my buddy were laughing our asses off at poor ricer boy. Now i got underbody neons, but i hardly ever have them on, but this was rediculous, it looked just like a cop car with them lights, and impersanating a police officer is a big big no no. Well just thought i should share my laugh of last night.

Jim

well... if I was that kid, I would have that cops ass in a ringer so fast his badge would spin. If the kid was being a dick to the cop, then that is one thing but to be treated like that if he was bein` kewl.. that that is just wrong.

First of all, it is NOT illegal to have strobes....white ones. red, blue... a no no.
take a look at tow trucks.... hmmm are they impersonating cops?? NOT.....
strobes are off-road use only. in a parkinglot you can have them going off all night and there is NOTHING a cop can do.... IF you are on private property, IF the owners of the property dont complain and IF you are parked.

plain and simple, sounds like the cop was being a dick. I feel for the guy, even if he was a ricer.

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
They are illegal for car use. the only way you can really have those in a car is if your a cop, or if your car is a show car, which this one was def. not. And yes the cop was being a dick, but i don't blame him, i overheard him say that there was a bunch of that going on around here with cars impersanating police officers. you can't just be sitting there and have lights like that going, i mean yeah you can have underbodies on, but not those lights, they were so bring, the cop said he saw them from down the street, which i belive cause these things were blinding the piss out of me. I didn't mean to cause like WW3 over this, i just thought it was funny, and yes the cop was doing the right thing.

PS. and did u ever notice how all the lights that light up on a tow truck are yellow???? maybe so that's to make sure people know that it's not a cop

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by staceyyearsich@Mar 25 2004, 01:14 PM
Illinois only allows amber colored lights your basic orange and yellow are the only lights legal to have on your car in IL, anything else is a no-no
accorcding to this foot thick book with all the traffic laws in it... any shade of light between white and amber is legal... blue and red are illegal... red is accepatable on the back or your car however!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info