3800 Stereo Help

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Personally i didnt want to loose the trunk space so i never did subs. My set up was only around 5-600 bucks. I went w/ a pioneer deck, alpine R types in the doors, and R-types in the back for the 6X9's. Then i through in a small amp to give those speakers more juice. They actually do a great job on the bass, and people in the car have asked me what subs i have! lol. I think it sounds good. You can always go w/ eclipse or something though for even better quality.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Well I have "just enough" but that is for my taste... I would recommend a set of alpine replacement speakers with an alpine amp. to match your head unit. You may find that this replacement set has enough bass for your taste as aftermarket speakers improve and broaden the spectrum of available sound. You do not necessarily have to go Alpine, but get some speakers that go to a low Hertz so they pick up more of the bass note than the stockers.

Hope that helps,

John

I added a Polk Momo 12" Sub and Fosgate Amp, takes up hardly any space in the trunk adds some decent bass and can be removed easily before going racing. I have an Alpine head unit as well. I used to have a Cerwin Vega 12" sub and Fosgate amp, but that was stolen. The Cerwin Vega Vega 12 gave off more deeper bass, but neded a much bigger box. The Polk gives a tighter bass very small box at least half the size of the box I had with the vega, but not as deep and rumbling.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info