3800 Brakes?

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
thanx for the responses guys. I am just going to replace the pads for now, because the rotors were replaced last summer...i think.

I guess I could have asked for a diagnoses on the brake problem too. I just get this horribly high pitched screech from my brakes. Mainly when I am not braking hard. And sometimes, If I let off then press them again, it doesnt do it. But I am pretty sure its the pads.

I just dont want people to associate my car with an annoyingly high screech now that people will have their windows down, and be out walking for the summer.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Id go with the Wagner thermoquiets aswell...Semi-metallic on the front and organic on the rear....Have your rotors turned.(cleaned up)....Shop around on the price..I paid too much..$140....Bendix is good too....Dont use Bosh....They chewed up my rotors...

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by 98 gtp toy@Mar 25 2004, 04:24 AM
thanx for the responses guys. I am just going to replace the pads for now, because the rotors were replaced last summer...i think.

I guess I could have asked for a diagnoses on the brake problem too. I just get this horribly high pitched screech from my brakes. Mainly when I am not braking hard. And sometimes, If I let off then press them again, it doesnt do it. But I am pretty sure its the pads.

I just dont want people to associate my car with an annoyingly high screech now that people will have their windows down, and be out walking for the summer.
i have that same exact problem with my brakes... they stop the car GREAT but they sound like CRAP!! now that it is gettin' warm out, i hate that freakin screech my brakes make when i stop!

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
The Hawk pads are good too.......Your noise is either a pad sensor (low) or a glazed rotor.....Have the rotors turned when you install the new pads. The cut will clean up and give you a fresh braking surface..and true the rotor if there is any warpage.....

LowenhartGTP

Jan 8, 2008
I like my Raybestos Quiet Stops (QS) pads. All ceramic that don't give off any brake dust and never sqeaks. The average price is around $70 or so for a front set and they should offer you life time warranty on them. If you're only doing pads, that's the easiest yet. Don't pay someone, do em' yourself! ;)

LowenhartGTP

Jan 8, 2008
Make sure you apply high temp. brake grease to the backings of the pads. I know Raybestos comes with the grease. I also think it's a good idea to always work with a torque wrench when dealing with automobile components, especially brakes. Which reminds me, when you mount your wheels back on, make sure all the lugs are torqued down to 100 ft. lbs., otherwise, you're asking for warped rotors.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
You'll need the 12" caliper brackets and 12" rotors....Check out the KVR's on 3800performance.com if you interested in an upgrade...I have the cross drilled cadnium plated 12"ers. There nice...They also come in different colors....Silver, gold, red.....ect...Take a look the quality is there...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info