3800 Want to tune up the GP

I

imported_Diavolo

Well I guess tune up isn't the word. I am approaching 70,000 miles and I want to run some preventive maintnence. Here is a list of what I want to do and let me know if there is anything else I should do.

New idler pulleys
top end cleaner
Coolent flush
Oil change (maybe with larger oil filter)
Accessary belt?
Fix slow windows

Anything else sound good?
Tranny Fluid was just replaced around 50,000
Plugs are good
Battery was replaced around 50,000 as well.

And hopefully I can repaint my calipers this week.

List look good? or do I need ot add some stuff.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by Fish@Mar 18 2004, 09:42 AM
Yeah, I replaced my wodden brake pads. Did wonders. :D
In the late eighties, a scam was found in the Middle east with "genuine GM" parts. Knock off's of GM pads were found that were made with old cores, and the pad material was made with sawdust, glue and food coloring. So there were wooden brake pads actually made at one time! There were more things than that made, but it's the only one I can remember.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Not positive, but you may want to change the plugs when you use the top cleaners ect......They may foul your plugs....I know carb cleaners had a tendoncy too...

Ive seen cat cleaner too....May no be a bad idea...Havent tryed it yet..

Happy tuning.... :p

I

imported_Diavolo

wow, since we have so many comedians let me get the list straight. <_<

Added to what I have, I should

change plugs (foul out from top cleaner)
check grounds
rotate tires
and change air from winter air to summer air ;)

ok That sounds good. Thanks

LowenhartGTP

Jan 8, 2008
If you're talking to me John, it'd be about $50 for a full flush and refill. My cousin uses the PowerPurge flushing machine to get all that "gunk" you're talking about out of there, plus makes a nicer that normal mixture of Dexcool for protection down to around -40 degrees. I believe Jiffy Lube's regular price for a Dexcool (more expensive) flush is about $110 or so...Let me know what you would like to do.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
i work at a jiffy lube too. mine is in downers grove at 75th and lemont behind the dominics. i also can do pretty much every service we offer for about half price CASH deal. if anyone is interested, give me a call. 6308859333 or shoot me a PM. i work from 330 to close most days.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info