3800 My exhaust parts came in today!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Check this out, Magnaflow 6" round by 36" long 3"id muffler after high flow magnaflow cat, into 3" mandrel bent SS pipe. So no more muffs out back, just one big honkin' muff after the cat. I'm bringing the 3" pipe to after the rear wheels, but I'll have a shop finish off the y-pipe out to the bumper.(I'm lazy)

AutoDummy

Nov 26, 2008
So you're using the Magnaflow muffler where the resonator used to be, then just pipe from there to the tips? What tips are you going to use? What diameter pipe from the "Y" to the tips? I'm interested in how it will sound. It's going to be loud, but the question is how loud. You'll have to post some sound clips when you get everything together. Are you using an ARC welder?

I've been thinking about opening up the Borla system, but there are so many options, I'm not sure what to do.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by AutoDummy@Mar 18 2004, 06:21 AM
So you're using the Magnaflow muffler where the resonator used to be, then just pipe from there to the tips? What tips are you going to use? What diameter pipe from the "Y" to the tips? I'm interested in how it will sound. It's going to be loud, but the question is how loud. You'll have to post some sound clips when you get everything together. Are you using an ARC welder?

I've been thinking about opening up the Borla system, but there are so many options, I'm not sure what to do.
Magnaflow where the resonator used to be, but it should be fairly quiet and deep. I had it with no res, and no muffler for a while, and it was queter than 2 performance muffs. I'm thinking 2 1/4" out back, should be plenty to keep up with a 3" single pipe. I'm using a mig welder with gas sheilding, I'll spot weld it in postion, then take it down to weld the seams.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by AutoDummy@Mar 18 2004, 03:38 PM
Gotcha.... B)

Let us know how it goes. Are you planning on doing the work this weekend?

Hey, did you finish up with your airbox? What's up with the TBs? :lol:
Yeah, yeah, yeah....please don't remind me of all the crap piling up around my garage. I've been working a lot and all my projects (including honeydo's) are pileing up quick.

AutoDummy

Nov 26, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel+Mar 18 2004, 03:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ron Vogel @ Mar 18 2004, 03:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-AutoDummy@Mar 18 2004, 03:38 PM
Gotcha.... B)

Let us know how it goes. Are you planning on doing the work this weekend?

Hey, did you finish up with your airbox? What's up with the TBs?  :lol:
Yeah, yeah, yeah....please don't remind me of all the crap piling up around my garage. I've been working a lot and all my projects (including honeydo's) are pileing up quick. [/b][/quote]
I'm just giving you a hard time. :D You do seem to ALWAYS have something going on. At least it's fun stuff that's keeping you busy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info