3800 Fishbuster

Yes, LG is my bread and butter lake. I also live off Powers Lake and near a few others I fish locally, including Silver Lake and Delevan for Muskie. I also consider my best away from home lake is Trout Lake near Boulder Junction, WI. for giant Walleye and Muskie. Unfortunately, having a baby a couple of years ago and more O/T at work and my guide service has been put on hold. I still try and fish 14 nights a month.

I'm new to the GTP Scene as I just bought my first one but I'm not new to modding fast cars as my last car was a 9 second 1972 Corvette street car. Although FI and PCM's are new to me.

Let me know if you want to come and fish sometime, I always have room.

Dan

I

imported_Ron Vogel

We used to go up to the Mantowish river at least once a year in Bolder Jnct. Beautiful area, but haven't been up there for about 15 years. Have you heard of the Stolowski's? We stayed at their cabins for about ten years in a row. I heard the son took over the business. The northern's were really good, but in 10 years of fishing only pulled in two muskies, both were less than the legal length. The norm seemed to be big northern's about 10-15lbs, but one year we got a 6 lb largemouth. I've seen a few big muskies in the river, but have never been able to land them. I'm still trying to talk the wife on a trip up there, but it's going to be a few years. I'm surprised to hear there's even fish in Lake Geneva...

Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Mar 17 2004, 04:08 PM
We used to go up to the Mantowish river at least once a year in Bolder Jnct. Beautiful area, but haven't been up there for about 15 years. Have you heard of the Stolowski's? We stayed at their cabins for about ten years in a row. I heard the son took over the business. The northern's were really good, but in 10 years of fishing only pulled in two muskies, both were less than the legal length. The norm seemed to be big northern's about 10-15lbs, but one year we got a 6 lb largemouth. I've seen a few big muskies in the river, but have never been able to land them. I'm still trying to talk the wife on a trip up there, but it's going to be a few years. I'm surprised to hear there's even fish in Lake Geneva...
I've heard of the place but never stayed there. Geneva is full of fish and big ones to boot. Come on up sometime, you would be surprised.

Dan

I

imported_Ron Vogel

If anyone here is interested, I can get a charter on Lake Michigan very reasonably for up to 6 people. It launches out of Porter Co. IN, and should be about $300 total for 6 people, 8 hours. The best time for big Salmon is in the Fall/late summer.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
I used too fish when I was a kid...I liked it...Now I just like too throw a tank on dive with the BIG fish.....with teeth....Its a little more competetive...For me anyway..

Hey Ron....Is that Bolder Jun. in Wisc....? Used to go sledding up there....What a blast..

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by rob@Mar 18 2004, 11:25 AM
I used too fish when I was a kid...I liked it...Now I just like too throw a tank on dive with the BIG fish.....with teeth....Its a little more competetive...For me anyway..

Hey Ron....Is that Bolder Jun. in Wisc....? Used to go sledding up there....What a blast..
Yup, Muskie capital of the world; or at least it was a few year's back...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info