3800 ILGPC/INTENSE weekend

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
The ILGPC/INTENSE modding and racing weekend has been scheduled for May 15th and 16th. We will be modding at Brian's (LP 3800) machining shop all day and night saturday and racing at Byron Raceway on the 16th. Most of the local members will be setting up tents and sleeping at the shop saturday night because the track is only a half hour away, there is also a hotel five minutes from the shop if you prefer. We want to make this a huge event. If there are any other details you need please let us know.

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I will be there. :D
And I would advise everyone in the club to come also. It will be record breaking. And there will be a ton of other things to do besides modify your car. We will be able to go fishing in our private pond behind the shop. Also we have a volleyball court in the back. It WILL be the best mod day any club in any state has ever had ;)

tommmy3

Regular
Dec 19, 2008
oh boy!! I think sleeping at the hotel/motel might be in my best interest for racing the next day! but I love camping - hummmmmm

anyway - Are the " Intense people " still coming to do some free installs at LP's then cause I think if thats the case I'll have to make sure I have the funds for some new gen 3 rockers for that day and test um out the next - :D :D

on a side note i wonder how many kegs may be present for this one????? :eek:

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
I would love to come. And that is a week after my summer starts...no school getting in the way. And Ill be back in IL for the summer. But I wont have any mods to do :( . What if a non grand prix member wanted to come, or go to the track. And make it a non domestic owner while your at it. So what usually happens at these things...l've never been? Maybe I can bring something....but not a keg..im only 19.

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
Friends of friends are always tried to be kept as low as possible. If everyone invited people, because these mod days are so fun, we would have strangers everywhere. these days are made for the club members to get to know each other and help each other out with their cars. Of coarse extra activities always seem to pop up. Especially now that Intense will be there, I think it should be limited to existing members of the group. Nothing personal. You do not have to do any mods to come. Just hanging out with the club and talking about cars is what I normally do.
What does everyone else think? Don't let me make up the rules if everyone else feels different. Let's hear some opinions about 2nd party groups coming.
There is a hotel right off the highway and is like 3 minutes form the mod day. It is pretty cheap also. I think it is a Best Western. If there will be a bunch of people getting rooms, you can probably do a group discount deal.

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
I think by free installs he means time permitted installs.

A cam install takes an entire day with the proper tools and lifts. And Im sure INTENSE wants to hang out and enjoy the day..And not do too much work.

If you need a cam swap..get a hold of GTPHALE..SNOOP..OR PICTOR.

All of these guys can set a side a day with you and have the proper tools lifts etc etc.. Im sure they cahrge because a cam install is some serious work.

We need to ask INTENSE what they are willing to do.

And have a list of ppl that are available for installs.
And have a list of what ppl need done.

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
I wouldn't even try to push a cam install by them for free. That would take the better part of the day. And they wouldn't be able to come hang out and enjoy themselves. They are not coming to work all weekend. As Alex said you can find one of those three people to do a cam swap for you pretty cheap.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Friends of friends are always tried to be kept as low as possible. If everyone invited people, because these mod days are so fun, we would have strangers everywhere. these days are made for the club members to get to know each other and help each other out with their cars. Of coarse extra activities always seem to pop up. Especially now that Intense will be there, I think it should be limited to existing members of the group. Nothing personal. You do not have to do any mods to come. Just hanging out with the club and talking about cars is what I normally do.

Sounds good. This is the reason I asked. Thanx.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info